How to replace an electrical outlet in your home:
1. Safety first! Be sure to shut off the power to the outlet you plan on replacing. Test the outlet before you begin the replacement process.
2. Remove the faceplate.
3. Unscrew the receptacle and pull the outlet away from the wall.
4. Disconnect the wires in the following order: Black, White, Ground.
5. Then reconnect the wires for the new plug in the following order: ground wire to the green screw, white wire to the silver screw and the black wire to the brass screw. This is important so you aren't wiring the outlet backwards.
6. Screw the oulet back into place.
7. Attach the new faceplate.
8. Turn the power back on and test the outlet. Done!