There’s More Than Popcorn at This Year’s Indiana State Fair: Angie's List Collecting Resumes & Offering Discounts, Free Advice
INDIANAPOLIS (July 29, 2013) – If you’re planning a trip to the Indiana State Fair this summer, don’t forget your resume. Indianapolis-based Angie’s List is looking for good people to join its growing team.
Angie’s List is setting up shop once again in the State Fair Gardens and the company is making the most of its real estate. The national consumer review service will be collecting resumes for a variety of positions during the fair’s 17-day run, August 2-18.
“We’re looking for motivated and creative people,” said Angie’s List founder Angie Hicks. “Our work can be extremely challenging, but we always manage to have some fun along the way.”
You can drop off resumes and learn about job opportunities at the Career Booth next to the Angie’s List Main Stage between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. each day. For a complete list of available positions please visit http://careers.angieslist.com/.
In addition to collecting resumes, Angie’s List will also be offering fairgoers:
• Annual memberships for $15 – a 62% discount!
• Demonstrations from dozens of highly rated service providers.
• Games and activities for the kids, including face painting and airbrushed tattoos.
• Demonstrations and sign-up opportunities for the new, free Band of Neighbors forum.
• Free health screenings, cooking demos and fitness classes, including Boot Camp and Yoga.
“The Indiana State Fair is an annual tradition for generations of Hoosiers, but we’re proving there’s a lot more to it than just food and rides,” said Hicks. “You can take advantage of great deals and learn some valuable information while enjoying that elephant ear.”
This year, more than 40 companies are scheduled to give demos and free advice to homeowners. Presentation highlights include:
• How to Avoid Bed Bugs: Sunday, August 4 – 11 a.m.
o A bed bug detection dog shows off his skills.
• Car Care Tips & Tricks: Tuesday, August 6 – 12 p.m.
o Expert advice on keeping your car in tip-top shape.
• Quit Smoking for Good with Hypnosis: Tuesday, August 6 – 1 p.m.
o See how hypnosis could help you kick an unhealthy habit.
• Put Your House on a Diet: Sunday, August 18 – 12 p.m.
o A professional organizer talks about downsizing your life.
For a complete rundown of presenters and times click here or stop by the Angie’s List Resource Center in the State Fair Gardens.
Angie's List helps consumers have happy transactions with local service professionals in more than 720 categories of service, ranging from home improvement to health care. More than 2 million subscribers across the U.S. share their consumer experiences and use Angie's List to gain unlimited access to local ratings, exclusive discounts, the Angie's List magazine, the Angie's List complaint resolution service and information about how to make the most of their home improvement projects.