Angie's List Sees Bright Spot in Consumer Spending for 2016
Survey Also Shows Signs of Millennial Maturation
INDIANAPOLIS- Homeowners across America tell Angie's List (Nasdaq: ANGI) that they're planning to spend this year on their most important investments: their houses.
There's also an indication in the latest Angie's List survey that millennials are behaving against hype when it comes to taking care of their homes.
"A majority of our members are gearing up to invest in their homes at the same or greater level than last year," said Angie's List (Nasdaq: ANGI) founder Angie Hicks. "We found even greater optimism among service companies, with many of them saying they're already booking more jobs than at this time last year and expect to have a great 2016.
"In addition, it's easy to find studies that talk about how millennials are delaying major life decisions and changing the dynamics of generational behavior, but our data shows that this age group is just as responsible as any other homeowner," she said.
Angie's List, which offers verified consumer reviews and an online marketplace of services, conducted the surveys the first week of January among 2,000 members and 2,675 highly rated service companies.
- Of those who have set their budgets for this year, nearly 79 expect to spend as much or more on home improvement this year compared to last year.
- 91 percent of service companies expect homeowners to spend as much or more this year compared to last year.
- Millennials plan to spend as much or more than older generations in improvements on their homes and properties this year.
Homeowners across all generations have virtually the same home spending plans in two areas:
- hiring out chores to gain more free time (i.e. housecleaning and yard work) and
- getting more organized/reducing clutter.
About Angie's List
Angie's List helps facilitate happy transactions between more than three million consumers nationwide and its collection of highly rated service providers in 720 categories of service, ranging from home improvement to health care. Built on a foundation of authentic reviews of local service, Angie's List connects consumers directly to its online marketplace of services from member-reviewed providers, and offers unique tools and support designed to improve the local service experience for both consumers and service professionals.