Breaking down Housekeeping services
Housekeeping and maid services take on two different forms: an individual cleaner or a maid service company providing multiple cleaners.
Each type of service may charge different rates depending on the services provided. In general, housekeeping services involve the general cleaning of bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, basements, and sometimes pets and appliances through mopping, vacuuming, stain removal from floors and bathrooms, laundry services, and cleaning sinks.
Housekeeping & Maid Services Cost
- Maid services cost an average of $166.
Companies may charge by the hour or by the square footage of the home. Expect to incur anywhere between $50-$90 for maid services, while square footage costs range at about $90 for homes under 1000 square feet.
The actual cost will depend on multiple factors - the final bill can lie between $160-$235.
Key factors that influence the cost include the following:
- Number of rooms in the home - The more rooms, the higher the cost. This is because it may take more time to get to all the rooms, or the square footage cost may increase.
- Number and size of bathrooms - Bathroom cleaning is the most involving and often costs more to clean.
- Kitchen size and services required - Kitchen cleaning often involves the floors, dishes, kitchen appliances, and sometimes walls and cabinets.
- Cleaning supplies used - Finally, the cleaning equipment that will be required for the job may also affect the final cost.
- Doing cleaning chores can be very time consuming for the average family. In addition, families with kids and frequent visitors may have a hard time keeping up with dishes, vacuuming carpets, and doing laundry.