Yard plants, flowers vulnerable to animal trespassers
Find Top-Rated Wausau Fence Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Fence Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Fence Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 895 reviews for
Wausau Fence Companies from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Wausau
Hiring a professional to install a fence can increase the price of your fencing project, depending on size and the type of fence.
Underground wood needs protection from moisture, bugs
Building a new wooden deck or fence? You’ll soon be faced with the tough topcoat decision: paint, stain or bare wood?
I would say depends on several things:
1) what % of the job is $400 ?
2) how good is the warranty - against all types of failure, or what - cedar fences usually fail in one of two ways - tornado/hurricane/waves/flood/car collision takes them out, or the posts (if not treated timber) rot out. The fence itself will change color and get fuzzy as it weathers, but should last 15-20 years in most areas.
3) generally, a fence is not something you would pay for a warranty on - if properly put up and with concreted-in copper chromate or copper napthalate treated posts (the green preservative) should last a long time and not need warranty work basically till the fasteners fail or the fence slat boards split too badly.
4) if I was going to spend extra money on a wood fence, it would be for a good quality penetrating sealer, not steel posts.
Fence Company reviews in Wausau
I had to follow up several times to keep the ball moving and see where things are going, but I know the company was stretched thin trying to keep up with all the work. Good for them, but not necessarily good for me. However, they were prompt in returning my requests for updates and were always pleasant.
The owner's daughter was our sales agent and she was a pleasure to deal with. As noted, the owner came out himself and addressed the final needed adjustments, so overall we were very happy.
They installed the last two missing post caps today, so we are done. I am not sure who is happier us or the dog!
Less than 48 hours after the job was complete, someone backed into one of the gates. We called and was told However,
Our fence looks great and more importantly was built right and exactly as quoted with no "change orders"... a rarity these days. I would recommend
Fence Companies in Wausau, WI
Fond Du Lac
Fond Du Lac
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Wausau.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center