Stone, Dr. John E

Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 3 Reviews

To see if this provider is board certified go to www.abms.org. There are 8 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site....

10/14/2013

All went smoothly. They made me feel comfortable through the entire procedure and followed up afterward as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The reason for the appointment was a colonoscopy. Interactions with the provider as well as his office staff were positive and professional.

03/27/2013

Our first meeting, at one of his Mayfair office, confirmed my choice of doctors was well worth the research. He listened to my prior awful experience, asked numerous questions and quickly determined how to avoid it. I told him start to finish what had happened, and he asked the RIGHT questions to determine what went wrong. He weathered through my list of allergies and felt that a different anesthe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
It was time for a colonoscopy. Not looking forward to it, but to preserve my health, it was time. My previous colonoscopy with a doctor elsewhere was a nightmare; this time around I was determined to turn that around. I was hoping to find a doctor who would LISTEN to me and make the best of one of the most dreaded procedures. And I wanted to avoid the worst part of the procedure for me, which was ending up in the ER regurgitating for a full day and evening after the procedure. Prior to a colonoscopy, most doctors don't make office appointments to talk to you about it, they just give you a little consult, while you are in the procedure room. Since I was seeking a new provider, I wanted an office consult first, to make sure the procedure went the way I wanted. My internet research of Dr. Stone, uncovered that he was one of the top 100 gastroenterologists in the United States. I liked that finding information on him was effortless.His staff was great. when I insisted on an office consultation they listened and made one for me.  Dealing with Dr. Stone was superb. He was kind, concerned, very approachable, friendly and yet professional. A truly great experience. Easy to see why he was one of the Top 100!

05/14/2009

Dr Stone is very approachable and communicates effectively. He is also a very diligent physician....not leaving any stone unturned, so to speak. I highly recommend him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Went to Dr Stone with complaints ...... 3 episodes of back pain, nausea, vomiting, sweating. He ordered blood work, urinalysis, and an abdominal ultrasound. The ultrasound shows gallstones. He has recommended my seeing a surgeon to see if the surgeon recommends gallbladder removal. He has also performed a colonoscopy on me before....twice in the past 5 years

Gastroenterologist