Burkhardt Heating & Air Conditioning

A713 REVIEWS

Founded 1961 • Angie's List since May 2000

8232 N Teutonia Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53209

Full service heating and cooling contractor serving entire metro Milwaukee area since 1961. Milwaukee's only HVAC contractor who has earned Angie's List "Super Service" award every year and two time Bryant "Medal of Excellence" award winner. Always open by appointment....

hvac repair (691)air duct cleaning (48)gas leak repair (7)well and water pump (3)chimney sweeping (2)appliance repair (2)water heater repair and installation (2)chimney repair (1)plumber (1)

03/04/2020

All my service calls went very well. I have used Burkhardt multiple times over the last three years. (I even bought a furnace from them last year and I was extremely happy with the price and the quick turnaround service. I have always found them to be trustworthy, fair, respectful, efficient... and so many more positive adjectives that I could come up with. Their work is always done well and at a ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inoperative thermostat

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/03/2020

Thank you!

10/23/2019

I initially had difficulty with the furnace unit installed. I grew frustrated after several trouble shooting visits in which the problem would seemingly be addressed but then reappear at a later time. I consider the true measure of a business how they handle adversity and they went above and beyond to satisfy me. The original furnace was COMPLETELY REPLACED at no cost to me and has worked great si...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of Furnace and AC Unit

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2017

Thank you for your patience and sharing your experience with Burkhardt Heating. Even if we need to replace the furnace again at no charge we will do that to take care of the customer.

09/16/2019

Technician was prompt, professional and courteous. He explained what he did and made recommendations for future work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace tune-up

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on the maintenance of your furnace. Glad you were satisfied with our work.

08/03/2019

Angie's List came through with flying colors!! I was amazed at both the outstanding responsiveness of the company and the quality and honesty of the technician who serviced my furnace. The technician was friendly, down-to-earth, thoroughly knowledgeable, and gave me several useful tips for the care of my system. Because Burkhardt is also a Certified Carrier Dealer, the technician was able to deter...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I claimed an Angie's List offer for a Furnace Tune-Up for $122.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/03/2019

Thank you for choosing Burkhardt Heating for the service on your furnace. When a repair was needed, we always check to see if we can find any warranties even if we didn't do the original installation. Glad we could save you nearly $1000.00 by searching and finding out your furnace had an extended warranty so the repair would be covered at no charge for you!

07/31/2019

AMAZING - I was fully expecting to have to totally replace my 16 year old AC until. But Dan was able to quickly diagnosis and repair the AC in less than 30 min. Others might have taken the opportunity to sell me a new unit, but not Burkhardt. You now have a customer for life! Same day repair and less than $500 - AMAZING

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Broken central air

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/31/2019

Glad Dan could get your central air conditioner repaired quickly for a reasonable price. Thank you for sharing your experience with Burkhardt Heating.

07/15/2019

Bad experience today. We used them last year for same service. Dennis came out and performed it. So I called again today. First they said they would come tomorrow, then they called & said a customer had canceled & they could come today. Dennis came out again. Said Trip/Service Charge was $200 - surprisingly steep! Other companies charge $50-100 less! Dennis recommended cleaning AC filter - but dec...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Recharged AC with 2 lbs. of R22 refrigerant

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2019

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Thank you for the opportunity to respond.[Member Name Removed] contacted us for the first time last year. We did several service repairs including refrigerant. He was not happy then at the costs at that time. He threatened to call the BBB on us in 2018. We quote all repairs upfront before work is done. We tell them what the diagnostic is b...

06/13/2019

Excellent workmanship and very professional. We've been using Burkhardt for 14+ years and are very happy with our new system.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Furnace and Central A/C

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2019

Thank you for putting your trust in Burkhardt Heating for you home comfort needs. Glad you are satisfied with us.

06/06/2019

I have never had a service person as good as them. He came in during the rainy weather and was very nice and non invasive. He was very pleasant and let me know when he was done. I hardly knew he was here. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He installed a new air conditioner.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2019

We appreciate the kind words about your experience with Burkhardt Heating on the installation of your new central air conditioning. Thank you for taking the time to share.
C

03/19/2019

They came and fix it about 15 minutes. They told me they will come back a week and half. Bought a brand new furnce from them. I will never use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Air went out.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2019

This customer has a furnace installed by us several years ago. She had purchased a maintenance agreement in 2015 and then canceled which we refunded. She had a tuneup for the furnace done in 2016. We had not worked on her AC at all. She believed that she had a maintenance plan but that was gone in 2016 since she canceled. We told her about that on her initial call when her AC stopped work on 7/2/2...

02/01/2019

Called on a Monday afternoon, as furnace (27 years old) was not heating as usual. The owner came over within a couple of hours, and we scheduled the work for the following day. The work crew were on time, clean, thorough, and helpful. The installation of the central air conditioner was done as well, even in the snow and single digit temperatures! The whole system included a new "smart" thermostat,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of furnace and central air conditioner

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Burkhardt Heating on the installation of your new HVAC comfort system. Glad we not only met but also exceeded your expectations.

Gas & Oil Furnaces, Boilers, Air Conditioners, Air Duct Cleaning & Gas Piping, Install And Repair Gas & Oil Furnace, Boiler, Air Conditioners & Heaters.

Mobile home HVAC, radon testing, plumbing & window air conditioners, chimney sweeps & wells & pumps.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available