Mark Wilkinson Appliance Repair

A22 REVIEWS

Founded 2015 • Angie's List since November 2015

4421 5th avenue

Kenosha, WI, 53140

Having worked in the appliance repair field as a technician for bigger companies for years, servicing all brands including high end and some commercial units, Viking, Bosch, Subzero & Wolf just to name a few, I got sick of how they would overcharge and under service. The customer service and just plain old caring went out the window. It was cramming as many calls in a day as they could to where as a tech, I didn't have the time to give the customer the attention and concern each deserved. So, I decided to give it a go on my own, got myself a work van, got bonded and insured and struggling at first, to say the least, but had the peace of mind being able to give that much needed time and attention to each customer and their unique situation, and not have to rush through jobs and brush people and their concerns off. I started my own business in June of 2010 and never looked back. It has been great, and I've met a lot of really nice people out in the field. I truly appreciate each and every customer who could have called that bigger company but chose to call me instead. With my only means of advertising being good old-fashioned word-of-mouth, my customers mean everything to me and it must show since I've managed to stay in business and support my family and our household all these years without advertising. After a few of my wonderful customers took it upon themselves to go on Angie's List and write reviews I finally decided to advertise with a company that I feel genuinely care about their customers the same way I care about mine....

Appliance Repair (22)Plumbing (1)

10/05/2019

I called Mark on Wednesday morning and left a message. He returned my call within 45 minutes. He set up a service call for Friday between 11am and 1pm. Mark arrived at 11:30am. He was extremely professional and knowledgeable about the problem with our dryer. He told us the cost for the repair up front and told us if there was any problem after he left to call him. He completed the assessment of th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair gas clothes dryer

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2019

06/19/2019

Mark adjusted his schedule to accommodate me. Arrived and confirmed problem, carefully removed defective valve and installed new valve I purchased. He was meticulous and careful to not damage our floors. He called the next day to confirm the stove was working properly. He also diagnosed the oven ignition was not up to specs but was not at point to replace.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove and replace gas stove inlet valve

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2019

11/30/2018

Mark determined that the washer was in bad shape needing bearing, pulley & belt replacement. He estimated repairs to be in excess of 50% cost of a new washer. His service call cost was minimal and we appreciated his honestly and advice towards the replacement. Definitely keep his name for future appliance repairs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Evaluation/repair of washer

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/30/2018

08/04/2018

Job was done in a timely manner. Mark had to take the machine apart to replace the bellows. When he was done, the job site was neat and clean. He explained what he was doing and was very patient with all my questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wash machine was leaking. Needed new seal on door

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2018

03/29/2018

Mark came out the day after I called and was prompt. He was courteous and professional. He assessed the fridge and discovered the problem. His service call fee was very fair and I will definitely use his services again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fridge was not cold anymore.

03/12/2018

Mark Wilkinson provides outstanding professional service at reasonable prices. He is highly qualified, extremely smart, always professional and someone we trust without question. Donn and Pauline.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mark has successfully repaired appliances (clothes washer clothes dryer, dish washer, disposal) throughout our home for several years. We highly recommend Mark for all appliance service needs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/12/2018

01/02/2018

He looked at the unit and looked at various parts of the dryer. Seems the rattle was coming from the back panel. Ultimately he wasn't able to stop the rattle, but he did confirm that it wasn't something that would lead to a bigger issue, which was my main concern. He spent about an hour working on the dryer, and only charged me the $59 service call. He was prompt, professional, personable, and see...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My clothes dryer was making a rattling noise.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/02/2018

12/01/2017

I was very impressed with Mark. We just moved to Kenosha and were concerned about finding a good and reasonable repair person. Even though I called him after 4 p.m., he still called me back the same day. He was able to come to my home to repair my oven within a few days. I needed to replace the heating element. When he called me back, he asked for the model and had ordered the part I needed withou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
needed my oven repaired

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2017

11/05/2017

Both times he was prompt, quickly diagnosed the issue, explained what needed to be fixed and fixed it quickly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mark has been over to fix both my washer and dryer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/05/2017

10/21/2017

Mark did a great job! He was punctual and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dishwasher repair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2017