Perfection Tire and Auto Repair

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since December 2008

In March of 1962 Bob Rose Borough arrived in Spokane, Washington with very little money but a big dream--to start his own tire store. He managed to rent a building on 2nd avenue and start selling tires immediately. He named his new company Perfection Retreading. Within 90 days he was able to make enough money to have his brother come up from California with more tire retreading equipment. By December of '62 they were producing the best retread tires in Spokane. In 1963 Bob hired a young man named Jerry Kirschke who was full of energy and motivation. Jerry began working at Perfection as a retreader. Both Jerry and Bob were determined to give their customers the best products at the lowest possible price. That desire continues today. As technologies changed so did the tire business. Soon retreads were not the product of choice. The radial tire took over the industry, and Perfection Retreading was there to meet the demands of its customers. With the changes in technology Perfection changed their name to Perfection Tire in order to reflect the current market. Perfection continued to make high quality retreads, but also offered new tires. Perfection also decided in the late 70's to become a full service automotive store. Jerry Kirschke, with the help of his friends and employees, Terry Schillinger and Jerry Babington, started two new tire stores in Spokane. The second store opened on North Division in Spokane, the third, in the Valley on East Sprague. These three young men with the help of Bob Roseborough dedicated themselves to making sure they had the cleanest and friendliest tire stores in town. Today, Perfection Tire has 18 locations in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. Today we no longer make retreads but offer great tires from Cooper, Bridgestone, Nexen, and Starfire. We are still driven to give our customers the type of Hometown Attention they deserve. Each store is operated by individuals who know what it takes to make sure that your car is serviced to the highest possible standard. Additional email - perf02@perfectiontire.com....

03/13/2017

It went very well. The tire leak was fixed. The knocking sound was diagnosed as "piston slap" which they recommended not performing the repair as it is very expensive and the engine longevity would not be significantly affected by this design related problem. A recommendation I confirmed through other sources on the internet. The whirring noise was coming from a failing rear wheel bearing which th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed several things repaired/diagnosed on a 2002 Subaru Forester. I had a slow tire leak, a knocking sound when the engine was cold and a whirring sound from the rear axle area.

CATEGORY auto repair,car tires

02/03/2017

We take all our cars there. They are wonderful and that is why we keep going back. Reasonable prices. Sometimes they will squeeze us in if we don't have an appointment. We've been using them for 14 years. They have always treated us well. They are personable and get to know who you are as a customer. They have done little things for frees because we are loyal customers.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oil change.

CATEGORY auto repair

12/09/2016

We've developed a great relationship with them. Their staff are very personable and helpful. They get the work done quickly and their estimates are always right. They're very honest about what needs to be done and what doesn't. We use them all of the time and we wouldn't consider going anywhere else for service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We've been using Perfection Tire and Auto Repair for around 10 years. The last time we were in there they put on studded snow tires for us. We have them do everything from oil changes to repairs on our cars when we need them.

CATEGORY auto repair,car tires

12/31/2014

To my surprise, they talked me into a lower priced tire than what I originally was going to get. This was based off the kind of driving I do and my personal needs. That's great, individualized customer service! I will send all my family to them in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My family and I have always been a customer of another well-known tire company but had an issue when they refused to replace a defective tire. So I thought I'd give Perfection a shot at it and got great service at a reasonable rate. I especially appreciated their knowledge of the different tires and the pros and cons of each.

CATEGORY car tires

06/24/2014

They were stellar. I called to ask them about the service and they got me right in. They were professional, very friendly. I came in wanting a specific service and I got that specific service for the price that they quoted it. I was very pleased. I handed them an Angies coupon and they honored it. They were just happy to take care of me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They basically just recharged the Freon in my pickup.

CATEGORY auto repair

Brakes, shocks, struts, alignments, maintenance, lube oil filter & tune-ups, diagnostics, engine & air conditioning repair.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available