Andy Marshall Construction

A43 REVIEWS

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since February 2012

7536 Bagley Ave N

Seattle, WA 98103

I am a general contractor specializing in decks, stairs, rails, arbors, gates, and fences; working with wood and synthetic products....

deck building (42)deck cleaning (6)general contracting (3)woodworking (3)fence company (2)

02/20/2020

Andy and his crew did a nice job on my deck, with Azek decking and cedar railings. They tore out my old deck and built the new one in 5 days. They cleaned up well, and the price was reasonable. I am pleased with the result.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My back deck needed to be replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/19/2020

11/23/2019

Andy and his crew used 5 stringers and all Azek materials (steps & risers) to replace the wooden backyard steps. The concrete siding couldn't be saved so Azek was used there too. They worked around an iron railing anchored in the concrete. Andy exhibited very good problem solving skills to solve "old house problems." Once the job was scheduled, he was prompt, very friendly and cleaned up well. Per...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed our wooden back steps replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2019

Photo for Andy Marshall Construction - 7536 Bagley Ave N, Seattle, WA - 38251396

02/10/2019

Solicited a bid from Andy for a deck remodel based on positive views here. I was looking to change flooring and rail of an elevated cedar deck to composite with metal cable railing. I ultimately ended up going with more of a design build contractor, but Andy was professional, responsive, and his estimate was competitive. If you're getting multiple bids, as you should, be sure to include Andy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck Remodel

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/09/2019

01/14/2019

excellent finished it less than a week.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replaced my outside stairs going down the side of my home.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2016

01/12/2019

Andy and his crew were really terrific. They were very experienced and understood what was needed to remedy our deck situation. Andy was very committed to making sure that his team met all of the requirements/goals we had laid out. Andy communicates with clients and with his crew very well. They get along with each other and cooperated on the project with good humor. There was good collaboration o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reinforcement of a wobbly deck including replacement of several 12' tall posts that had dry rot.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2019

10/28/2018

We got a front and back porch cedar railing installed as well as two side gates, some fencing, and an outdoor basement stair railing. Andy and his crew were punctual, communicative, did great work, and were a pleasure to work with! We showed them photos and explained what we wanted it to look like and they made it happen. We’re really happy with how it turned out. Would hire them again and recomme...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front and Back porch railing, Pickett fence, side gates

CATEGORY decks, fencing

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2018

06/16/2018

Andy and his son did a great job. They were super flexible and Andy kept me informed of the additional costs beyond the bid amount necessitated by the changes in materials we ordered.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tear out existing deck and install new one

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/14/2018

05/28/2018

Andy was very responsive from the beginning. He and his crew, DJ, Lucas, and Rufus (project foreman) showed at the time I was told they would show up. They explained the process where I had questions and were very courteous and professional. I am very appreciative of the work performed and the quality of the work and will likely hire them for future projects as they arise. Thanks Andy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced deck

CATEGORY decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2018

04/25/2018

It went great. Andy stopped by on a Sunday to take a look at the deck. Within two days he had emailed me an estimate. As soon as I gave him the approval to proceed, he was at our house with his assistant DJ in less than a week. They showed up when they said they would and did a great job of replacing the sunken post and added a much more stable and adjustable concrete support block for the new pos...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A support post for our deck had sunk causing the deck to slope downward and making it a bit unstable.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2018

Photo for Andy Marshall Construction - 7536 Bagley Ave N, Seattle, WA - 37012162

04/09/2018

Previous deck had multiple problems. For example it created a 11" step up from the adjacent path, which made walking around the house and down to the rear patio a pain. Instead of a similar deck, we needed something that made moving through the area easier. Yet, because of French doors, we still needed some form of deck. It forced an unusual design. Andy Marshall Construction did a wonderful job o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace old rotting deck with hybrid deck / landing / steps transition area

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2018

Photo for Andy Marshall Construction - 7536 Bagley Ave N, Seattle, WA - 36966606

Decks, rails, fences, arbors, gates- wood & synthetic.