A Place For Mom

Founded 2000 • Angie's List since February 2009

A Place For Mom is the nation's largest senior care referral service, providing free assistance to families in search of senior care options. Partnering with over 20,000 senior communities around the country, a place for mom provides easy access to the right type of care for a family's specific needs and budget, assisting over 600,000 families since 2000....

02/05/2020

They were so responsive and helpful and comforting in what felt like an overwhelming task. within 24 hours of calling, they helped me with a plan, understanding the different services and costs, and have followed up several to find out how I'm doing. I am so grateful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Referral and guidance to find and compare in-home care vs. assisted living for my elderly father during a time of family crisis

CATEGORY assisted living,independent living,home elder care

10/03/2019

A Place For Mom promotes the LTC facilities that pay them, not the facilities that provide the best care. Generally, it's the worst facilities that have trouble filling their beds, that pay A Place For Mom.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
LTC placement assistance

CATEGORY assisted living,nursing homes

C

10/07/2018

All they did was have a bunch of agencies call me. We ended up using another agency, that wasn't referred by Place for Mom.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Get home care worker for my Uncle with dementia.

CATEGORY home elder care

10/01/2018

Very helpful and informative. Also, continued to follow up.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Advice and referrals for care for my elderly mother

CATEGORY assisted living,home elder care,nursing homes

D

05/09/2018

I was VERY disappointed in A Place for Mom. I expected that I would be their client, not the LTC facilities. I expected that they would give ME the information to review and decide which facilities to contact myself. Instead they gave out my personal information to several agencies and they started calling and emailing me, unsolicitedly, without my permission to try to get my business. I did not c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Recommend LTC solutions for Dad

CATEGORY assisted living,independent living

Call (877) 311-0032 for free, local assistance from a compassionate Senior Living Advisor, 7 days a week. These local experts assess your needs, provide information on the ideal care communities for your unique situation and enable you to visit senior care communities at your own pace, providing expert guidance every step of the way.