Trans Service

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since November 2008

Not Rated| 10 Reviews

Trans Service is a locally owned and operated automotive repair shop, and has been around since 1980. The owners take great pride in keeping the place clean and always satisfying the customers. At Trans Service, quality is our #1 priority, therefore all of our technicians are factory trained A.S.E. (Automotive Service Excellence) certified to insure a job done right the first time. We are experienced in every aspect of your automotive needs...

Northwest Automotive Inc

Additional location address - 12300 Lake City Way NE Seattle WA 98125; 1924 192nd St SE Bothell WA 98012. Additional phone numbers - (206) 526-5979, (425) 483-8499, (206) 523-1300. 10 employees. Uses subs for machine wash, transmission rebuilds & carburetor jobs. Charges an hourly rate. No out call services but towing. Free shuttle service in local area. Award winning. Complaint-free company.

06/21/2016

07/22/2015

Wonderful - friendly service, seemed to be very knowledgeable - busy shop - that says a lot, too!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The mechanic did some trouble-shooting for what seemed to be a problem with the transmission slipping out of gear.  He found a problem with a disconnected hose, connected it and charged us nothing for the service.

04/10/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I dealt with Dave, Jr. He could not have been more patient and helpful to me as I tried to decide whether to have my dead transmission rebuilt or just let the car go and get another one. He patiently talked through the important decision factors with me and was very helpful and informative. The work took about a week and the car is running great now. |Especially significant in my mind is that two other shops estimated $4500-$4700 for the same work and had half the guarantee. Another shop wanted to sell me a junk yard transmission with $2200 + tax labor for installation and a 6 month guarantee. Ridiculous! |Trans Service rebuilt my transmission for $2600 + tax and guarantees for a year. I felt confident with them at every step of the way and so far so good on the car. Date of service is my best guess but it was either late Feb. 2015 or March 2015.

09/30/2013

This facility was recommended by a trusted service and it was clear my SUV transmission was slipping and brakes squealing  so knew I needed to have both services. I did not search for competive pricing but owner spent so much time explaining what was needed and why I needed it that I had complete confidence. Also the guy is so totally into transmissions it seems to be his passion which for a non-c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt transmission and brakes on 2002 Ford Explorer

10/24/2012

Overall, we are very pleased with the service we received from Dave.  Dave's quoted price was less than we were quoted from other transmission places.  Plus, they know transmissions and provide great customer service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We took in our daughter's VW Jetta to have the transmission rebuilt.  We had taken the Jetta to 2 other places to get an estimate before choosing Trans Service.  When I called Trans Service, I was impressed with the time Dave had taken to listen to our transmission problems and he did a great job explaining in detail what the possible problems could be.  He was very educational and explained things in terms that I could understand.  We dropped our car off at the shop.  There were a lot of other cars on the lot so at first we were concerned on the time they would take to work on our car.  Dave told is it would take about a week.  We had called a couple times to see how things were progressing and they were always polite when we called and gave us an update.  We got our car back in about a week and a half.  A couple days later, we noticed a leak coming from the transmission.  We called Dave and they said to bring the car in right away and they will take a look at it.  We dropped the car off to Dave the next morning.  It ended up being the transmission pan had slipped off track when they had fasten it.  It was an easy fix and we got our car back a few hours later.  We were very happy with the price and service we received.

CATEGORY transmission repair

Transmissions - Rebuilds, Classic & Performance, Transmission, Gear Work.

Ask For Details