Chris Arndt Masonry & Chimney Restoration

A66 REVIEWS

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since September 2005

36814 47th Ave S

Auburn, WA 98001

Chris Arndt's Masonry, Inc. is a small, family owned company who has been in the masonry business for more than 35 years. We value our customers and make customer service our #1 priority. Our word is our bond and we stand behind our work. Feel free to call us for a quote, and if you are in our service area, we will try our best to get back to you within the week. Please contact us by phone or text, as this is our best source of communication....

Masonry (60)Chimney Repair (36)Fireplaces (7)

01/15/2019

I'm the owner of archstone Masonry We service areas north of seattle and I have sent Chris many projects through the years and the customers that are out of our service area and I Refer them over to Chris. I have to say that after reading his rave reviews I will continue to do that! Keep up the great work Chris! Its really hard to find great, honest, hardworking masonry contractors anymore.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed a contractor south of Seattle

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind review. We appreciate your recommendations! Sincerely, Kathy Arndt Sec./Treasure

08/14/2018

It was good, clean and neat service He got the job done on time in just 1 day and then came back a few weeks later to apply weather sealing as we had agreed upon. Great service overall.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed old chimney and put up a new one

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/10/2018

Thank you for your review, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

06/18/2018

Chris and team are thoughtful, wonderful communicaters, reasonably priced and do beautiful work. One of the best experiences have had with work done on our house. Already hired twice.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Partial chimney rebuild and front porch columns

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/07/2018

03/24/2018

Replacement of chimney went very well and I am very pleased with the look. Previous chimney was leaking through mortar cracks and was faced with basalt rock. It would have been very expensive to tear down and replace and Chris suggested several brick colors, dropped them over for us to consider, and drew some pictures of replacement chimney to match mid century house and neighborhood. He also reus...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced front chimney from roofline up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/24/2018

11/12/2017

I contacted Mr. Arndt to speak about an inspection for a chimney leak. He provided a ton of input, advice, and guidance on steps I could take to troubleshoot the problem. He offered a couple solutions so that I could avoid needing to hire a professional. I was astonished at how much of his professional input he provided during an unscheduled, FREE phone call. I was very, very impressed by his comp...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney leak consultation

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2017

Sorry, so long in responding to your review [Member Name Removed]. It is very much appreciated and we are so happy to have helped you with your problem. If you ever need something in the future, feel free to call and refer us to your friends.

09/05/2017

We were told we needed to have some bricks on our chimney replaced from a couple other masonry folks. I called Chris to get a quote for the work. When he arrived he explained why that would be a waste of money because the design of the chimney was the problem. Instead Chris suggested we do a few things to extend the life of our chimney for another 5-10 years (with detailed instructions so we could...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Masonry work

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/14/2017

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a kind review. We look forward to doing more business with you in the future!

08/30/2017

Chris and his crew did a GREAT job!! They went above and beyond to repair our chimney. They have quality work at a fair price. I would us them again and we highly recommend Chris Arndt Masonry !!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our chimney was in need of maintenance. Several other contractors provided estimates to tuck and point the chimney. Chris suggested not to tuck and point, but to tear the top of the chimney down and re-build it like new. They also installed new flue liners and three stainless steel flue caps as well as the crown. They were able to complete the work in one day (They had to set up scaffoldings as well!) . The site was left clean and the chimney looks great!

CATEGORY masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2017

Thank you for taking time to review our company. It was a pleasure serving you.

08/23/2017

Great. Chris did thorough inspection, told me I should have top 8feet replaced, but could hold off until next summer to do it. Also gave me several helpful pointers on how to protect the rest of the old cinderblock chimney.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estimate for chimney repair

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2017

08/22/2017

We highly recommend this company. We had a hard time booking initially because of how busy they are (understandably!), but it was worth the wait. The price was well below what another company quoted us for the same work. Chris was professional and made the extra effort to meet our needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt chimney from roofline up

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2017

08/19/2017

Our roofing contractor was concerned about leaks through the brick and mortar. I called Chris Arndt Masonry & Chimney Restoration and was pleasantly surprised. The owner Chris Arndt came to the house just 45 minutes after I made the inquiry. He advised me that the brick, mortar, and even the firebox are in very good shape and will last many more years and that all I need is to put a new concrete c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair chimney cap, check for potential leak problems, and inspect the firebox and chimney.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2017

Masonry, Brick, Block & Stone & Chimney Restoration.

Tile, cement, stucco