Japanese Auto Masters

A 90 Reviews

Founded 1982 • Angie's List since August 2007

3012 Holland Rd

Virginia Beach, VA 23453

Japanese Auto Masters was founded in 1982 by Tommy and Cindi Potter in a small building shop close to the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Tommy originated Japanese Auto Masters to address the needs of consumers driving Japanese-made vehicles at a time when there were no independent repair service centers that specialized exclusively in all Japanese makes and models. The only available option for the repair of Japanese automobiles was high-priced dealerships. Our customers wanted alternatives. With this in mind, Tom set about creating the premier independent full-service shop catering to the owners of Japanese and Asian-made vehicles right here in Virginia Beach. In recent years Japanese Auto Masters has evolved to include maintenance and service to Ford, GM & Chrysler vehicles as well. Tom and Cindi are both lifelong residents of Virginia Beach who continue to own and operate the business today. Japanese Auto Masters was built on integrity, trust and quality ~ words that are evident in all we do; from our Service Advisors, Parts Department and Clerical Staff to our highly-skilled ASE Technicians. You will find courteous, helpful people and a warm friendly atmosphere that welcomes you each and every time you visit. Stop by even if it’s just to see our facility and meet our staff. We look forward to serving you soon....

auto repair (83)car inspection (13)transmission service (7)tire buying and repair (5)radiator repair (2)muffler repair (1)

10/26/2018

We have used Japanese Auto Masters for years and have the utmost trust in them. We get our two Fords and PT Cruiser repaired at JAM and they always do great work and are very professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our go-to mechanics

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/19/2018

10/18/2018

Excellent, very friendly people. I was recommend there by a friend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace front struct, rotate tires and oil change.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/27/2018

10/18/2018

They are wonderful, I've been taking my car there for 10 years and I will recommend them to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did an oil change, inspection, and airconditioning service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/10/2018

06/02/2017

I would absolutely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They provide routine auto service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2017

05/02/2017

Very well. This is a long established business in the area. Owners are members of the community. They are kind, honest people. I have utmost confidence in their work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
check engine light: exhaust system issues. General routine maintenance.

CATEGORY auto repair,car inspections

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your continued business and kind words.

03/10/2017

I have found them listed (on Angie's List). They had good ratings.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We've had different things done with them at other times, but I can't remember what they did this particular time.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2016

01/23/2017

It went great. If you're looking for high quality repair, these are the guys. They aren't the cheapest in town, and some parts of their service experience are a bit over the top (very nice waiting room, etc), but they'll do you right.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Strut bearing replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/23/2017

01/23/2017

Great. These guys are pros. Price wasn't super cheap, but quality and professionalism were excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced a suspension bearing. About $500.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/23/2017

11/17/2016

The next day I received a phone call from JAM at 11:12 am to tell me what they found and what they recommended. Turns out I needed exactly what I thought which was all new spark plugs and ignition coils. I was quoted a price of $628 which I thought was a little high but the whole reason I brought it in was because I didn't have time to fix it myself and I've got a 1500 mile round trip planned for ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My 2004 3.4L 6 Cyl Toyota Tundra was not running well and the check engine light had just come on. After reading reviews I decided to give JAM a try. I called to make an appointment and used their early bird drop off service. During the brief phone conversation I told him what I thought the problem was and we discussed maybe replacing the timing belt while it was in for service. Given the mileage when it was replaced last, the current mileage and the time of year (almost Christmas) and JAM advice, I decided to wait until after the holidays for that service.

CATEGORY auto repair,transmission repair,radiator service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/17/2016

08/23/2016

After looking on Angie's list to find a reptutable mechanic I came across the Japanese Auto Masters. Appeared to have high grades so I thought I would give them a try. They diagnoised the noise on the lhs rear of the vehicle as needing new brake pads, shoes, and to replace a caliper that was sticking. They said it would be $1400! I said "Are you insane! I have never paid that much for a brake job....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rear brakes needed replacing on an Acura TL

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/14/2016

Factory Scheduled Maintenance, Electrical & Electronic Diagnosis , Oil Changes, Tune-ups, fluid flushes, Drive and Timing Belts, State Inspections, Air, Fuel and Cabin Air Filters, Radiators and Cooling System Service, Tires, Brakes, CV Axles, Steering, Suspension, Alignment Service, Major/Minor Engine Repair and Replacement, Auto Transmissions and Manual, Clutch Trans, Heating and Air Conditioning service, Fuel System Service, and Towing.

Auto Body Repair