Mottern Masonry Design

Founded 2004 • Angie's List since October 2006

Awards & Badges

2526 Flint Hill Rd

Vienna, VA 22181

Mottern Masonry Design is a Northern Virginia company with 20+ years of experience in the Masonry field. A benchmark in the masonry field, Mottern Masonry Design and all its employees strive to provide you with outstanding craftsmanship & durability, innovative ideas, exceptional customer service, and a beautiful end product. We specialize in creating custom walkways, stone & brick stoops, patios, fireplace profiles, chimney caps, and repairs of all sizes. We combine the ideas of our potential customers with our experience and expertise to create unique results that are a step above our competition. Award winning....

masonry (555)concrete repair (186)hardscaping (124)stone & gravel (93)stamped concrete (74)lawn & landscaping (43)chimney repair (31)concrete driveways (30)pressure washing (23)chimney cap repair (19)decks & porches (19)

01/30/2021

Jeff and his crew did a great job. The whole process from beginning to end went smooth even dealing with the winter weather. His foreman Jose was very knowledgeable and really paid attention to the small details. I would highly recommend Mottern to friends and family.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stamped concrete patio

CATEGORY contractors,concrete repair,stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/30/2021

Photo for Mottern Masonry Design - 2526 Flint Hill Rd, Vienna, VA - 39165634

12/16/2020

From the beginning I felt like we were a team. They made several Suggestions that both improved the design and saved us money. Their pricing was very fair and the on-site crew were professional and respectful. I will definitely call should I have another project and highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They removed and replaced the patio; removed several pillars and refaced remaining; refaced the front stoop; pressure washes and pointed up front walk.

CATEGORY concrete repair,masonry,pressure washing,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2020

12/07/2020

Mottern Masonry's team recently completed a 14' x 24' stamped concrete pad adjacent to our existing driveway for use as a base for our RV "Carport". Everything about the the process was professional, high quality, timely and reasonably priced. It turned out great and was just what we had hoped for. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stamped Concrete RV Carport Pad

CATEGORY concrete repair,masonry,stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/07/2020

12/06/2020

Mottern was a wonderful company to work with! The work was beautiful, I am thrilled! They kept the worksite clean and tidy! The work was done when promised and really makes my house look so much better!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New sidewalks and patio

CATEGORY concrete driveways

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2020

Photo for Mottern Masonry Design - 2526 Flint Hill Rd, Vienna, VA - 39070129

12/03/2020

I would like to post our delight over the quality of our stamped concrete porch and walkway. Modern Masonry Design was professional and their concrete staff extremely knowledgeable. I have worked in construction design for over 40 years and they really know their craft. My finished porch 9'x5' and my walkway leading to my porch stamped with a flagstone pattern, gray coloring and non skid surface i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front porch and walkway

CATEGORY contractors,concrete repair,stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/11/2021

12/01/2020

Mottern Masonry Design recently replace the front stoop and entrance walkway to our house. It has a slate finish on top with a reinforced concert base. Their design and workmanship was excellent. The new entrance walkway greatly improves the appearance of our home. The crew that did the work was very professional, communicated with us throughout the project, showed respect to our property during c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front stoop and walkway

CATEGORY stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2020

11/30/2020

I highly recommend this company. Jeff Mottern and his team did a fantastic job on my project. I live in Eastern Loudoun/Broadlands and did my research to find a contractor with solid masonry experience. Angie's List was one of the resources I used for my research. Jeff's company gets very good reviews on Angie's List...but the key for me was picking a company that made me feel confident about my c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Add Stone Patio as an extension to an existing Trex Deck ~ approximate size of project...500 Sq Ft

CATEGORY concrete repair,masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2020

Photo for Mottern Masonry Design - 2526 Flint Hill Rd, Vienna, VA - 39055717

11/24/2020

Very skilled and highly professional from estimate to finish . Extremely pleased with our brick front steps and walkway and backyard flagstone patio. We highly recommend Mottern Masonry -they are without equal.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Full replacement of brick half-moon front entry steps and walkway. New flagstone landing at rear deck steps.

CATEGORY masonry,basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2020

11/21/2020

Project went well. We agreed to a scheduling plan and Mottern met the schedule, keeping me advised of the start date, number of days required for repair, and follow-up to acid wash the completed mortar repairs. The repair masons told me what they were going to do when they arrived, told me of an anomaly that they discovered that required a workaround, and cleaned up after the work was completed. I...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair deteriorated mortar on chimney; repair mortar on brick retaining walls.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2020

11/14/2020

From start to finish, Mottern Masonry was excellent. They showed up when they said they would and got the job done quickly. The patio looks great. We could not be happier with it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We rebuilt our deck and wanted to put a patio under it. We already had a small, rounded flagstone patio on the ground next to the deck, but wanted to expand that under the deck. Jeff said we could do flagstone, but that stamped concrete might be more cost efficient given the size of the project. We went with the stamped concrete and could not be happier. It matches the flagstone almost identically.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2020

Custom walkways, stone & brick stoops, foundation repairs, waterproofing, patios, fireplace profiles, chimney caps, brick & mortar matching, stamped concrete patios, driveways, restoration, block work, all repairs small & large, old & new, residential masonry design, installation, & repair, also extensive experience performing work for communities & homeowners associations.

Check, PayPal