Home Instead Senior Care

Founded 2002 • Angie's List since November 2011

Not Rated| 3 Reviews

The Home Instead Senior Care network provides non-medical in-home care and companionship services for seniors. Home Instead CAREGiversSM help seniors to continue to live independently by providing companionship, home help, respite care and Alzheimer's care. Contact us 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Franchise number - 319. Additional contact name - Pam Boles. Additional DBA - Koinonia Inc....

12/23/2014

See above.  More expensive than some ways of securing a caretaker, but definitely worth it in terms of piece of mind, consistency, and quality.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My mother broke her hip and had 2 surgeries.  She was in an excellent rehabilitation center, but was not making progress secondary to severe confusion.  We brought her home and started off with 2 HomeInstead aides round the clock.  Her progress has been extraordinary.  The aides are compassionate and competent, and we are now down to only 1 aide.  She was walking (a bit) and transferring (crucial in order to avoid a nursing home) within 2 weeks!  The agency is extremely responsive; there was a billing error, which they corrected immediately.  I would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs consistency and a guarantee that there will be a caretaker in the home.  Other services would not guarantee (if the assigned caretaker got sick, etc.).

03/31/2013

The company representative who came first was very competent and kind. As for the aides: I can't say enough to praise our primary aide, Mary. She was a jewel. My mother became very fond of her. I trusted her to take care of things when I had to go to work, and she most certainly did. The company did everything possible to schedule the aides to meet needs when our schedules changed. The aides were ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Instead sent two home care aides to my mother's home during a two-month period. She was 97 and had recently been hospitalized. The company first sent an interviewer to meet my mother and me, and to discuss what our needs would be.

01/07/2013

Excellent. See above

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Instead has been providing a caregiver 3 times weekly for 3 hours each time for my mother since June. The service has been excellent. A notable exception to a previous service used is that if there is to be a change or a substitute, a known person comes to introduce the new caregiver or even has them come during an earlier service time with current caregiver to learn the6.service plan. We have had 3 caregivers during this time, and one has been a substitute. The administrative staff is very nice to deal with and all have been very dependable.

CATEGORY home elder care

Home Instead Senior Care in Verona, VA offers many different types of in-home care that can be individualized to meet the needs of your family members. In-home care provides practical support with a human touch. Our compassionate CAREGivers assist elder clients with common activities of daily living like showering, cooking and much more. CAREGivers even can help with errands and transportation.

In-Home Care simply means care that does not involve nursing-type activities such as wound changes.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check