Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since January 2010

11:00 - 18:00

45945 Trefoil Ln Ste 172

Sterling, VA, 20166

Antiques & Furniture Restoration, Inc. was founded in 1991 in New York City. In 1996, we moved our service to Sterling, Virginia. We are a full service antiques and furniture restoration company. Our 3000 square foot shop handles complete repair and refinishing services, specializing in French Polishing, Color Matching, Piece Replacement, Re-gluing and Repairing. Antique Furniture and Restoration, Inc. also handles Insurance Claims for fire, smoke and water damage. The focus of our work is on maintaining and restoring the look and artistic value of our client���s fine furniture, as well as retaining the value and integrity of the antique. To do so we utilize the finest traditions of quality hand craftsmanship available, we do so with all environmentally safe products. We have by far the most experience with environmentally safe and oil base products . Our products are highly durable and can achieve any look and feel from hand rubbed oil to lacquer and French polish finishes. Every step in the total process-from the stripping to the final finish-is done by hand. Our company, has over twenty years experience in the field of antique refinishing and restoration. The skills the company has acquired have been obtained through hands-on experience under the guidance of Haridi and his staff of various local craftsmen and experts. The restoration process involves the use of precious woods and products treated in a way as to preserve their antique value. Every step of our refinishing and restoration process is done in such a way as to preserve the original colors and tonalities of the wood. Every effort is made to ensure the warmth of your furniture. Our finishing is done using only the finest products....

Furniture Refinishing and Repair (300)Antiques (57)Upholstering (26)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (5)Furniture - Sales (1)

06/16/2014

I bought an antique chair that was in bad shape  and needed extensive work, cosmetically and structurally.  I took it to this store and was greeted by the owner who was very pleasant and assured me that the chair could be brought back to it's original condition.  I was given an estimate and decided to leave it there for repair.  I picked it up within the estimated amount of time provided and was v...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
restored, refinished and upholstered an antique chair.

CATEGORY furniture repair, upholstery, antiques

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2014

Thank you for the feedback! The chair really turned out great. Great choice of fabric! It was pleasure and we look forward to seeing you again.

06/02/2014

He did a beautiful job.  Very professional, result was beautiful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Restored and refinished a 80 year old tea cart

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/20/2014

[Removed Member's Name] - It was our pleasure working on the tea cart! What a beautiful piece...
D

05/29/2014

I called and spoke with a gentleman, he said he was not the person that worked on the wood, but he would have that person call me. I never heard back from them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a Big Deal for $75 for $150 Toward Your Next Furniture Refinishing or Repair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2014

Thank you for sharing this info. We want to assure you that this experience is not at all indicative of the high level of customer service that we take pride in. I will definitely research this to see how the miscommunication could have happened on our end. In the meantime, we definitely have no problem honoring the discount. If you'd like, please shoot us an email at info@refinishing.org or give ...

05/15/2014

They did fine. However they are not conveniently located and they do not do pick-up and delivery.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Purchased big deal to have table top refinished

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2014

05/14/2014

I sent a picture to them and they said it would be over $1,000 to have it refinished. I didn’t have the work done because their suggested work would be too extensive and I realized I just needed a mechanical fix. I didn’t get in touch with them to tell them that all I wanted done was repairing the recliner. Their communication was excellent though.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a $50 Big Deal for $150 towards Furniture Refinishing orRepair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2013

Thank you for your note! It was a beautiful recliner you inquired about. Hope you got the fix you needed. Please let us know if you have any questions.
C

04/30/2014

Contacted service provider, requested quote, sent pictures, got high price quote which makes work unjustifiable. Provider suggested refund.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2014

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, with the time and resources it takes to do work by hand sometimes it is not cost effective to opt for restoration. I hope you had no problem obtaining a refund. Please let us know if you have any questions.

04/27/2014

Haridi accomplished all work on time, within budget and was flexible on when we picked the footlocker back up.  When we dropped the footlocker off, he walked us through all steps of the process and answered all our questions - he was very sensitive to the fact that this piece is a treasured family heirloom and took care of it from start to finish.  When we picked up the footlocker, Haridi had kept...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have a family heirloom (WWI era footlocker that belonged to my great-grandfather) that was in serious need of restoration.  I searched through Angie's List for a reputable antique furniture restorer and came across Haridi's company.  Haridi did exactly what I asked and knocked it out of the park.  He refurbished the entire outside of the footlocker, including all hardware (removing all rust and repainting) and used the original screws to reattach the hardware.  He also did a terrific job protecting the lid of the footlocker, which had some writing on it (he then protected the writing by applying several coats of sealer).

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/24/2014

Thank you for the review! It was our pleasure working on your project and we thank you for entrusting us with such an invaluable piece to the family. We take pride in our work and understand the importance of working with often delicate family heirlooms. We hope to see the footlocker be passed through the family time and time again. Please let us know if you ever have any questions.

04/25/2014

It and scheduling were both fine.  While he was nice and the price was good, the job was OK, not great. The refinishing could have been deeper. When he delivered the beds there was a scratch on the one of the headboards.  He indicated he would come out to fix this.  I called him back a couple of times and he insisted the scratch was on our end, not his and indicated he was very busy.  I will proba...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He refinished a couple of antique, twin magohany beds from the 1800s for us; I brought the beds to him.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/07/2011

04/20/2014

Haridi spent time with us when we dropped the table off talking about the wood and describing the process for repairing and refinishing it.  They do everything by hand and take pride in their work.  He even sanded some of the finish off so he could show us some different stain color options and helped us decide on the best one.  He said to expect it to take 8 weeks but it was done in about three w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired and refinished an antique half moon console table.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2014

It was a pleasure working with you! I'm glad you liked the table!

04/10/2014

They are very good but very expensive but they are very time consuming with their work. They are meticulous and they know what they are doing. This place is for much nicer furniture versus a piece of furniture from Ikea.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased the big deal for $50 for $150 toward your next Furniture Refinishing. They re-upholstered two chairs. They re-finished a large dining room table that seated 10 people so I did have to pay additional. They also polished and glued to an old gate leg antique table for me. They made it possible for me to use it again.

CATEGORY furniture repair, upholstery

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2013

Thank you for the review! We take great pride in giving attention to the smallest detail. We are glad to hear you are pleased with the work