Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc

A303 REVIEWS

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since January 2010

45945 Trefoil Ln Ste 172

Sterling, VA, 20166

Antiques & Furniture Restoration, Inc. was founded in 1991 in New York City. In 1996, we moved our service to Sterling, Virginia. We are a full service antiques and furniture restoration company. Our 3000 square foot shop handles complete repair and refinishing services, specializing in French Polishing, Color Matching, Piece Replacement, Re-gluing and Repairing. Antique Furniture and Restoration, Inc. also handles Insurance Claims for fire, smoke and water damage. The focus of our work is on maintaining and restoring the look and artistic value of our client���s fine furniture, as well as retaining the value and integrity of the antique. To do so we utilize the finest traditions of quality hand craftsmanship available, we do so with all environmentally safe products. We have by far the most experience with environmentally safe and oil base products . Our products are highly durable and can achieve any look and feel from hand rubbed oil to lacquer and French polish finishes. Every step in the total process-from the stripping to the final finish-is done by hand. Our company, has over twenty years experience in the field of antique refinishing and restoration. The skills the company has acquired have been obtained through hands-on experience under the guidance of Haridi and his staff of various local craftsmen and experts. The restoration process involves the use of precious woods and products treated in a way as to preserve their antique value. Every step of our refinishing and restoration process is done in such a way as to preserve the original colors and tonalities of the wood. Every effort is made to ensure the warmth of your furniture. Our finishing is done using only the finest products....

Furniture Refinishing and Repair (300)Antiques (57)Upholstering (26)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (5)Furniture - Sales (1)

12/12/2015

I have a wooden desk from the late 50' early 1960's. It was an old government office work desk. Not an executive ornate just nice office desk. I trying to refinish it I did not know what I was doing and screwed it up sanding off the teak wood veneer. Antiques & Furniture Restoration initially were not promising to be able to restore it to original condition. I understood this and explained i just ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Restored Desk drawer that had been ruined by sanding off all the Teak veneer on drawer face.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/21/2015

10/11/2015

I purchased fabric and took my footstool with broken legs to be restored. They did an incredible job, I needed to pay more over the big-deal price for the completed work, but the footstool was transformed from a 100 year old torn and tattered piece--to a high end piece of furniture that will last another 100 years!! I was so happy to have a piece of my family history restored.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Restored a footstool

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2014

08/10/2015

I made the date of service up and overall rating up --your form forces reviewers to do this even though work has not been done.   This company did not perform service. It would be nice if they would contact me. Lynda@webstergroupinc.com

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
nothing yet

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2015

C

07/15/2015

It was fine. He talked me into refinishing, which of course, was much more expensive. It was nice. He did a good job. But, he tried to tell me that this was the right thing to do for these kinds of chairs. The more I looked at it and thought about it, for an old kitchen chair like this, that wasn't the right thing. It's not particularly valuable wood. Either he didn't know what he was talking abou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had inexpensive old kitchen chairs and I just wanted him to paint white. He refinished them.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/27/2011

07/14/2015

They were F absolutely. I would give them an F all the way around. Their prices are exorbitant. They were going to charge me $900 to have a chair reupholstered. I asked if they had anymore reasonable options for any of their work and they didn't even reply. I don't even think they belong on Angie's List. They are a mess. They didn't even come out. I called them on the phone. They asked me to send ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
It was a Big Deal.

CATEGORY furniture repair, upholstery

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2015

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, with the time and resources it takes to do work by hand sometimes it is not cost effective to opt for restoration. I hope you had no problem obtaining a refund. Please let us know if you have any questions.

07/05/2015

Repaired a broken bed frame. Replaced screws with wood pegs, glued and filled where wood had splintered, added an additional rail to both side for strength and stability.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
furniture repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2015

06/09/2015

Result was excellent products in all cases.  Owner desired and needed clear definition for desired end appearance and delivered that result.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinished several quality pieces of furniture.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/16/2014

06/05/2015

We inherited a wooden table with two beautiful wood patterns separated by an intricate design.  It had been stripped, but had never been refinished.  We found Antiques & Furniture Restoration on Angie's List and took advantage of a coupon offer.  We brought the table in on a Saturday and the owner explained that he would strip it again to remove any dirt that had accumulated over time.  He would t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stripped and finished a wooden table

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2015

04/28/2015

I was told to allow for 6-8 weeks. It was completed with 2 weeks from drop off. They did a wonderful job and the rocker is very sturdy and looks beautiful. The workers were very pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend them. Using the Angie's coupon I purchased certainly helped with the pricing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-glued my great grandmother's rocker, sanded and refinished it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/20/2015

03/31/2015

Excellent!!!  It's amazing what Haridi can do!  The drawer has literally fallen apart, and he worked his magic to make it usable again.  He also replaced the wood in the bottom of it  (with a better quality and even stained it).  My antique dresser is now complete again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Restored antique dresser drawer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/26/2015