Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc

A 303 Reviews

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since January 2010

45945 Trefoil Ln Ste 172

Sterling, VA 20166

Antiques & Furniture Restoration, Inc. was founded in 1991 in New York City. In 1996, we moved our service to Sterling, Virginia. We are a full service antiques and furniture restoration company. Our 3000 square foot shop handles complete repair and refinishing services, specializing in French Polishing, Color Matching, Piece Replacement, Re-gluing and Repairing. Antique Furniture and Restoration, Inc. also handles Insurance Claims for fire, smoke and water damage. The focus of our work is on maintaining and restoring the look and artistic value of our client’s fine furniture, as well as retaining the value and integrity of the antique. To do so we utilize the finest traditions of quality hand craftsmanship available, we do so with all environmentally safe products. We have by far the most experience with environmentally safe and oil base products . Our products are highly durable and can achieve any look and feel from hand rubbed oil to lacquer and French polish finishes. Every step in the total process-from the stripping to the final finish-is done by hand. Our company, has over twenty years experience in the field of antique refinishing and restoration. The skills the company has acquired have been obtained through hands-on experience under the guidance of Haridi and his staff of various local craftsmen and experts. The restoration process involves the use of precious woods and products treated in a way as to preserve their antique value. Every step of our refinishing and restoration process is done in such a way as to preserve the original colors and tonalities of the wood. Every effort is made to ensure the warmth of your furniture. Our finishing is done using only the finest products....

furniture refinishing (300)antique store (57)upholstery (26)woodworking (5)furniture store (1)

07/16/2019

We feel that our bookcase was treated by these artists as if it is a personal family heirloom . In fact, we feel as though they thought of it it as their own! The work was superbly done, and we could not be more pleased!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete restoration of an antique rotating bookcase

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2019

Thank you for the review and for trusting us to do the work! I'm pleased you liked the final turnout.

03/30/2019

Overall excellent service and work product. This outfit truly knows what they are doing, they do it promptly and at a fair price. The end-result was top-flight. They take genuine pride in their work, which further sets them apart.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair and refinishing of a custom French dining room table

CATEGORY furniture repair,woodworking,antiques

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/22/2019

Photo for Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc - 45945 Trefoil Ln, Sterling, VA - 37790868

10/10/2018

Table looks great. This was a difficult challenge and the company did a nice job. Chairs cleaning was good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinish dining table; clean associated chairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2018

I'm pleased you liked the final turnout.

01/29/2018

Furniture came back better than when Ethan Allen delivered the new items.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
refinished two end tables and a coffee table

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2018

Thank you for the review, I'm pleased you liked the final turnout.

01/21/2018

A few days later Haridi called to say it was finished. The finished product is great!! It is stripped and sanded, ready for me to finish the job. The quality of the work was very professional, given the amount of paint that had to be stripped and the age of the toolbox. Haridi also gave me great suggestions on making my DIY project higher quality.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a very old (1900ish) tool box that was handmade and had a lot of historical value because it was used in the mines by coal miners. Unfortunately it was painted with several coats of old oil-based house paint. I wanted to refinish it myself, but needed it stripped to begin the process. I got an accurate estimate using their online process. When I delivered it Haridi did a close inspection and we agreed on the work.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/16/2018

Photo for Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc - 45945 Trefoil Ln, Sterling, VA - 36772691

09/30/2017

We could not be more pleased. The estimate process was smooth. Their experience and expertise are at the very top. It was a great pleasure to work with Yasser and Khaled they are most professional. From the initial contact until delivery it was obvious that the MOST important consideration for them was our satisfaction. Our expectations were met and surpassed. They maintain a wonderful positive at...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinish an oak table top, a desk chair, and a hall end table.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2017

09/20/2017

They never contacted me after I sent them pictures of the furniture at their request.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dining table top and one leg need to be refinished.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/16/2017

08/02/2017

They did a magnificent job! This is a great company. They were very sensitive to the sentimental value of the rocking chair. They went above and beyond what other providers might do to find the perfect stain, and they checked in with me regularly, showing me the stains, to make sure I liked it. I was also invited to their shop to check out the stains and their work in progress, and I was sent pict...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They restored and repaired my grandmother's cherry wood rocking chair which is over 100 years old.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2017

06/28/2017

The work was completed with high quality and the dresser looks great!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two legs of an antique dresser were replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2017

05/17/2017

The work was of a superior quality and price. These guys are the best

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed two chairs repaired

CATEGORY furniture repair,woodworking,antiques

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/07/2017

Antiques Restoration. Furniture Refinishing. Upholstery. Wood Repairs. Exterior and Interior Door Refinishing. Kitchen Cabinets Refinishing. Table Refinishing. Dresser and Chest Refinishing. Dining Table Refinishing. Commercial Projects.

We do no specialize in Touch Up. We do not Repair Upholstery. We only do complete Re-upholstery.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover