J & D Masonry LLC

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20120512

1425 Boone Rd

Shawsville, VA 24162

J&D Masonry LLC has been providing quality block, brick and stone work since 1993 for homeowners as well as the commercial industry. Proficient in all areas of masonry. No job is too small. I promise to deliver exceptional work at a reasonable price. **I would like to add that communication is the key to a successful project, and I welcome any complaints or requests during a project in order to make everyone's project a success. **...

masonry (75)chimney repair (22)concrete repair (21)chimney cap repair (15)hardscaping (10)stucco repair (5)fireplace repair (3)foundation repair (2)drain pipe installation (2)excavating (2)concrete driveway installation (2)

10/24/2020

They were prompt , professional and honest. After assessing the damage he said that it was not necessary to repair- I appreciated his honesty in Not trying to charge for unnecessary repairs. We do plan to hire him for other work next Spring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed an estimate for possible repair of degrading brick on chimney

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2020

09/28/2020

His work was excellent! There were rain delays completely out of his control and he stayed with the job until it was completely done. I really feel like Jeff went above and beyond to get the job done and to leave the yard looking BETTER than it did when he started! I DO plan to hire him again! Highly recommend!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete pad BB Court

CATEGORY concrete driveway,chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/01/2020

Photo for J & D Masonry LLC - 1425 Boone Rd, Shawsville, VA - 38909032

08/11/2020

Had a phone conversation about the project made an appointment for them to see, assess and provide quote...no show no call nothing. Unprofessional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete slab for a garage

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/11/2020

05/27/2020

Looked at issue and said in his judgment wait to make sure not a growing issue first so we don't pay for repair twice. Very nice and helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mortar cracks

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/26/2020

D

10/31/2019

7 weeks and still waiting.... needed a new pour sidewalk to ADA standards....12 mto 1 inch pitch as well as wrought handrail again to ADA standards...Have not been able to get job started still...told again he would start the the of Nov. 7...we will see...if not, I do not want to use him

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
masonry and wrought iron exterior

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2019

I tried numerous times calling and texting and no response from Mr. [Member Name Removed]. The original quote was $4375 but Mr. [Member Name Removed] stated that was too much, and we decided to go with a simple hand rail at the steps for $400. I made the handrails and could not get Mr. [Member Name Removed] to respond to install them. The only person that lost money on this job was me, the 3 times...

08/14/2019

Jeff and his team were easy to work with and did great quality work. We will look to them for any future railing or masonry project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
steel railings for one and two story brick stairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2019

06/12/2019

Fantastic honesty! I called J and D Masonry for an estimate and they came out same day! Jeff was very honest about the work and was able to inform me that what I was looking to have done wasn't needed. I have some basement walls that are starting to crumble some. Jeff informed me they still had great integrity and if he were to come in and coat the walls in more cement it would just be an aestheti...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete wall repair

CATEGORY concrete repair,masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2019

02/15/2019

Jeff was professional, very knowledgeable and an expert in his field. one of the best masons we have ever met. He made commitments to the project and fulfilled all of them. we could not be happier with his work. we would highly recommend Jeff to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Severely damaged chimney due to wind and water. Chimney had to be torn down and interior structure and stone had to be replaced

CATEGORY chimney repair

08/02/2018

Everything went really well. I had some additional work done that needed to be done last minute and they were really obliging and understanding. Really great people to work with. His Subcontractor earth moving guy was also excellent and worked hand in hand with Jeff and his crew. He ended up doing a driveway for me in addition to the building.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Jeff put in a foundation for my new Barn and creamery

CATEGORY concrete repair,masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2018

04/29/2018

Jeff's work was great. Wall built and tied in with existing wall. They did a very good job of cleaning up after the job was completed. Definitely would use him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a wall built to fill in where French doors were removed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/26/2018

Block foundations, footings, garages, additions, new construction, brick, stucco, chimney construction and repair, stone veneer, retaining walls, brick/stone patios and sidewalks.

Gas Stoves