Martin Services

A 33 Reviews

Founded 1988 • Angie's List since July 2012

3787 Rutrough Rd

Roanoke, VA 24014

For fastest response, please call (540) 520-7681. Full service general contractor, residential and commercial. No job too small....

home remodeling (28)door (11)drywall repair (7)deck building (7)basement remodeling (6)interior painting (6)woodworking (6)lighting (6)electrical (6)roofing (5)plumbing (5)home remodeling (4)
D

10/05/2020

He talked me out of hiring him because he said that he have enough of those kind of jobs already. and he wanted to know if there was other jobs that he could do besides the one I asked him to do. was not a good person for my request.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
crown molding in my living room/dinning room

CATEGORY woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2020

05/14/2020

Came out twice. I had to continually call him and all he had was excuses on why I couldn't even get a quote.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front Door And Molding Fixed

CATEGORY doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/14/2020

Mr,.[Member Name Removed], it is still my intention to find a solution for your issue on your door. it is a difficult cosmetic issue and short of a complete front facade renovation( porch addition , or further inhancment) a simple door replacement would look to plane as we discussed. a phypon pilaster and Capitol would work but integrating with vinyl slideing is proving an issue as well. I should ...

01/09/2020

We moved from Florida, into a renovated house in Roanoke Virginia, after an exhaustive search. The house, although beautifully renovated, left a few areas that really needed attention. Our basement was half-finished, providing us with a family room, including a wet bar. But the other side of the basement, which herein shall be called "the dungeon" was a dark, raw, fully exposed area. There was a w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Convert empty basement with just a washer/dryer hookup into a complete laundry room.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,interior painters,basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2020

Photo for Martin Services - 3787 Rutrough Rd, Roanoke, VA - 38322726

12/26/2019

Mike called before coming on the day we agreed to. He arrived a short time later and assessed the door. He told me how he could fix it. We agreed to the repairs. One hour later he had completed the job. The door continues to shut with relative ease.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The door frame had shifted on a frequently used metal door into the mud room.

CATEGORY remodeling,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2019

06/18/2019

went well working between rain storms. Cares about quality and customer satisfaction. When found problems along the way, fixed them rather than just hiding or ignoring them. Very friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
redid my deck with maintenance free products, installed proper supports under sunroom, installed a screened in porch, replaced wooden rails on front porch with maintenance free rails, wrapped all columns, put new shelves in kitchen pantry, put new doors on outbuilding, replaced some siding on home

CATEGORY decks,remodeling,deck cleaning,sunrooms

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/18/2019

03/12/2019

Dan is extremely personable and easy to work with. While it may take time until he is available, it is worth the wait. The job isn't finished until the customer is happy. On a side note, Martin Services was one of two companies through AngiesList that met our criteria. After a very short phone conversation, he's the same Dan Martin who was our neighbor and built our deck 30 years ago! He asked me ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Minor interior remodel; major painting.

CATEGORY drywall,electrician,lighting,plastering,remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/11/2019

09/02/2018

No response to my request for an estimate

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Porch Repair

CATEGORY decks,remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2018

my apologies for lack of response. had some difficulty getting notifications on request and got way behind in following up with quote request. have since gotten Angie's pro app and am able to know when request come in more reliably. before i would receive an email every time, but that changed with changes made by Angie's list. again my apologies and thank you for your consideration of our company ...

06/25/2018

1 DAY AND THE PROJECT WAS COMPLETED, CLEANED UP WITH NO MORE ISSUES.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
DECK FLASHING

CATEGORY remodeling,deck cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2018

05/14/2018

Incredible experience. This is the best kitchen I've ever owned, and I'm a senior citizen who spent 22 years enduring military moves. Dan Martin and crew tailored this kitchen exactly to what I wanted. In fact, there were more than just one or two suggestions Dan made about the design, for which I am most grateful. Two of these were eliminating non-load bearing walls, which opened a tiny galley ki...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen renovation, to include complete rip-out of existing kitchen; install new cabinets, lighting, electrical, plumbing, flooring, solid-surface countertops, sink, paint, millwork; and partial removal of two walls.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,insulation,lighting,masonry,plumbing,remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2017

Photo for Martin Services - 3787 Rutrough Rd, Roanoke, VA - 37066305

04/12/2017

Overall the job went well and happy with the end results. Dan (Martin) was generally on time and responsive to my questions. Price for work and materials was fair although it was a bit confusing coordinating his quote with my insurance claim. The only real hiccup with the job involved the carpeting. He quoted as part of the entire job (which we asked him to do for our claim) and the end result was...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Simple renovation of basement after flood damage.

CATEGORY drywall,lighting,remodeling,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/28/2017

Super Service Award Winner 2013-2015! Remodeling jobs including General/Kitchen & Bath/Additions. Decks and Porches. Windows. Doors.