American Lock & Key, Inc.

A 38 Reviews

• Trade License Expiration
  • 03/31/2017

2110 Spencer Rd

Richmond, VA 23230

American Lock & Key has been loyally serving the city of Richmond, Virginia and many surrounding areas for over 30 years. We have grown into a well-established and trustworthy full service Richmond locksmith organization that can help anyone with all locksmith needs from simply unlocking your vehicle, home, or business to supplying and servicing safes, commercial grade hardware, architectural hardware, and all of your automatic door needs. Barry Wilson is the owner of American Lock & Key; a quality assured professional and reliable Richmond Locksmith Company. Find us on Angie's List, Facebook, or at our Google-Plus Page. We look forward to helping you out in your time of need, our expert installers are licensed and professional, ready 24/7 for commercial, residential, safe, automatic door, and automotive work. We are confident we can help you with any service request you may have....

locksmith (38)

12/26/2018

Guy on phone quoted $149 which was more than twice the cost of a company I called on my own without Angie’s list.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior door to be unlocked

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/15/2018

08/17/2018

never showed, and never called back

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
tighten up locks that were loose

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2018

05/04/2018

I called to get a quote and they priced me at $149 to get me back in to my house. I'm glad I decided to call someone else because they only charged me $65. It is upsetting to me that this company price qouges so much.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I locked myself out of the house and thought about using them.

04/30/2018

It went well. Showed up on time and did the work I needed quickly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
All locks re-keyed

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/30/2018

03/30/2018

Scott Crocker performed the work. He was efficient and professional. I felt very comfortable having him in the home. he came out the next day when we had an issue with one of the locks and tuned it up immediately so that it was working easily. He guaranteed the work for the duration of one year. If we needed future lock work, I would request Scott Crocker.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rekey 15 locks & change out deadbolt

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/06/2018

12/27/2017

The owner came to help me and I was very happy to have someone come over quickly, be professional and charge me at least 25% less for the same service a different locksmith was offering.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Unlock front door

08/28/2017

They were on time, great job, and very happy with the results.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Old locks on home. Needed to replace all locks.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/11/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad we could help you out, and really glad you didn't end up calling a fake scamming locksmith.

08/02/2017

We bought a home and needed it all rekeyed, as well as the replacement of a faulty doorknob. American Lock & Key was punctual, reasonably priced, and fast. My locksmith even advised me how best to save money on their services. I would definitely recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Full home rekey.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/09/2017

Thanks for the wonderful feedback [Member Name Removed]!

05/04/2017

I called at 9am and Scott showed up by about 11am, fast service. Scott was extremely competent, obviously well versed and handled the job easily. Good guy too. Defeated the deadbolts within minutes and had the back doors re-keyed in short order. Thanks very much a job well done!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had two deadbolts which were keyed on both sides and no longer had keys for them. I wanted those deadbolts opened and disabled. I also needed the back door doorknob locks to be re-keyed to match the keys for the front doors. The job was time sensitive so it was a same day request.

COST $177.96

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2017

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]! That means a lot. Happy we could help!

04/05/2017

The door is very old wrought iron. My mom loves it and doesnt want a new door so we are trying to find replacement parts for it. Scott was excellent he did a temporary fix while he does research for the parts.needed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We need to have new lock installed on a security door.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/05/2017

We Cut Keys, Rekey Locks, Change Locks, Repair Locks. We have a walk-in shop where we can work on your keys and locks while you wait! We sell Locks, Safes, Padlocks, Wooden Doors, Metal Doors, Door Frames. We also specialize in Access Control and Electronic Security and Automatic Doors.

Roll-up steel doors.