Independence Landscape & Lawn Care

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since May 2012

Awards & Badges

PO Box 1447

Lorton, VA 22199

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company specializing in Residential and Commercial properties. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complication of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. ***Our Company History. Independence Landscape was established in 2005. We originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. After college graduation, we both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but there was a problem. We missed working on people's yards and building relationships with our clients. We both realized we needed to pursue our real passion. Soon Independence Landscape and Lawn Care officially opened for business. ***The Business Owners Curtis Greene and Chad Evans originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while they were in high school and college. Clients liked their reliability and the quality of their work. "Even in high school and college," Greene explained, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." After college graduation, they both landed jobs in their chosen professions, but there was a problem. They missed working on people's yards and both realized they needed to pursue their real passion. Soon Independence Landscape and Lawn Care officially opened for business. Today their growing company takes care of residential and commercial customers throughout Northern Virginia and provides a full range of expert services from lawn and landscape maintenance, to landscape design, and hardscape installation. Professionalism is a part of everything Independence does....

lawn & landscaping (153)lawn care (93)hardscaping (49)mulch delivering (47)lawn treatment (39)drain pipe installation (26)stone and gravel (21)tree service (15)leaf removal (11)irrigation system (6)fencing (6)

09/25/2020

Very good very efficient and the sod is growing nicely

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Did installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2020

06/22/2020

The service was good, they do an excellent job too.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Regular Lawn care service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/15/2020

04/29/2020

Mark Haller their lead man is extremely professional, knowledgeable and helpful. They installed French drains and a paver stone curved walkway with a front step. Paco, their foreman, is excellent and their is crew courteous, hardworking, and efficient. Their prices are in the median/competitive range. You will definitely receive excellent value and excellent return for what you pay for without bei...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
French Drains installed for entire yard to prevent prevalent yard flooding. Replaced our 30 year old concrete, sinking walkway with a curved , paver stone walkway with front step.

CATEGORY lawn service,lawn treatment,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/29/2019

03/22/2020

They did an excellent job over two days. Mark, the person in charge, was knowledgeable and pleasant and made good suggestions for some difficult places in the garden. They are not the cheapest landscaping company but worth the money. I would recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Large scale Spring cleanup and mulching

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/19/2020

11/26/2019

We were very pleased with Independence. Mark worked closely with us from the initial site visit through the design and implementation, communicating consistently along the way and being very flexible to make sure our needs were met. Independence went out of their way to make sure the project was not disruptive to our next door neighbors. The working relationship was a good balance of Independence ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Parking pad, fence, and backyard redesign

CATEGORY fences,pavers, gravel,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/26/2019

11/11/2019

They are great! The owner comes out and talk to you, they are communicative and accessible and we've been using them for 9 years now.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did a yearly lawn service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2019

09/20/2019

It went fantastic!!! The owner, Chad, was always professional, friendly and striving to please us. He answered all our questions, including those we posed as the project progressed. Addressed any and all requests. The company's landscapers and masonry workers delivered exceptionally high quality work. I will reach out to them to perform other work for me in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a three level terrace made with timber replaced with stone masonry; backyard drainage replaced; mulch and SOD installed in the backyard; stone and timber stairs paralleling terrace replaced with stone and masonry.

CATEGORY gutter cleaning,landscaping,mulch,pavers, gravel,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/08/2019

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company puts customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.

08/14/2019

When I attempted to set up an "estimate" appointment for them to come see my backyard, I was told that they only do initial service appointments before 1pm. When I explained that I was a teacher and couldn't meet them before 3PM, he said "well, that's when I do my appointments". When I said, "well, that's rather inflexible.", he said, "well I have a family and I want to spend time with them." I sa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
backyard total tear-out, drainage issues, and sod/replanting/landscaping (big $$$)

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2019

We received your online request on Wednesday, August 14th at 11:53 AM. I reached out to you the same day, less than 40 minutes after the initial email at 12:31 PM. We discussed the different aspects of your project. After that we began discussing appointments and that you would be going back to school on Friday and will not be able to meet until afternoon. I apologized and stated that I do not hav...

07/11/2019

Took a week to get a visit before an estimate, then the estimate came several days late, price was notably more than my other estimate for the same work, and not responsive to my request to use non-toxic products.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Major weeding, considerable pruning, removal of a dead tree, new rocks in an erosion prevention site

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,mulch,tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], We’re sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your experience. We pride ourselves on our services and the responsive and high-quality standards we maintain. We do not use any toxic products. All lawn care applications are applied by a licensed technician and regulated by the state of Virginia. We truly appreciate the time to share your opinions and hope to be give...
D

06/30/2019

Extremely disappointing. Rep came out at the end of May for a redesign estimate and was great, extremely professional and knowledgeable. So much so I decided not to inquire with other landscapers while I awaited the official estimate and plan. After a lengthy discussion about my options and property, I was told I would receive an official 2-D estimate in a week. One week passed, then two without h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscape Design

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/29/2019

Lawn Maintenance, Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Design, Hardscape Installation, & Drainage Solutions.

Thatching.