Power House Painting and Home Improvement

A 112 Reviews

Founded 2009 • Angie's List since January 2013

2010 Exploration Way

Hampton, VA 23666

Our award-winning painting, pressure washing and home improvement company is dedicated to giving you a great customer experience and delivering beautiful work that you will absolutely love. Our hundreds of positive reviews, multiple awards and A+ ratings is proof that we are really good at what we do....

pressure washing (80)interior painting (32)house painting (28)woodworking (21)handyman (12)door (9)drywall repair (9)deck cleaning (7)general contracting (7)gutter cleaning (5)wallpaper removal (2)gutter installation (2)

02/03/2020

We recently employed Power House for painting and other things- and we will use them again in a few months. From the owner, Brian, to the guys who did the work I found them to be very professional, responsive (very important to me) friendly and easy to work with. They also had helpful suggestions. Definitely a strong recommendation,

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
painting of sunroom and exterior door, grouting in kitchen

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/30/2020

Thank you so much. We look forward to working with you on the next project.

01/21/2020

We had had Powerhouse do some exterior painting for us last summer and they did an awesome job. Very conscientious, and thorough. We then talked to Brian about possibly replacing a couple of our windows—one in front and one at the back. We have an older home and like the stained interior, and even though wood windows aren’t recommended, we chose to do that since we didn’t want to replace ALL of th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Window replacement

CATEGORY windows,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2020

Photo for Power House Painting and Home Improvement - 2010 Exploration Way, Hampton, VA - 38341410

Thank you so much for the great review and being such a loyal customer. We look forward to working with you again.

12/11/2019

Excellent! We had contacted Anderson since they installed the doors and track in the first place - and they couldn't come up with a way to repair the track. We contacted Powerhouse and Tommy researched the problem and came up with a solution. Richard, the person who did the repair, was personable, polite, pleasant - a true asset to the company. he repaired the track in about an hour - did an excel...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair of a sliding glass door track

CATEGORY pressure washing

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2019

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We truly appreciate your support and leaving this positive review. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
D

12/10/2019

Quality of work was great and communication with the project manager was good, but final price was 5 times what I was given as an estimate. 5 times! After I questioned it, I was told my "estimate" was effectively just an explanation of HOW they charge and in fact was told that the project took the amount of time expected. If it took the amount of time expected then why did the estimate not reflect...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Assorted tasks. Gutter downspouts hungs, cabinet pulls installed, thresholds installed, access box for crawlspace built

CATEGORY contractors,flooring,gutter repair,pressure washing

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I apologize for any confusion, but you approved the hourly rate on the angies list message system and stated that it was a reasonable rate. We also have a signed contract that stated our minimum charge and our labor rates for any work after the minimum two hours. We completed your project in 14.5 hours and had to locate and provide the materials...

07/25/2019

I bought this deal to accomplish a list off home inspection repairs. I was contacted promptly, but unfortunately they did not have a schedule opening before the closing date, so I had to use a different company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handyman Work on House For Sale.

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2019

10/05/2018

The quality of their work is excellent. The painters and staff were friendly, trustworthy, punctual and through. They honor their warranty as I had a couple of places that needed touch up and they came back one year later to do the work. Could not be happier.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior painting and repair of dry wall

CATEGORY drywall,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2017

Thank you very much. We loved working with you. We look forward to working with you again.

09/18/2018

I had a wonderful experience from the beginning to the end. I called the number listed and Brian responded from my voicemail message. He asked what could his organization do to help. I explained that I had a window leak, needed my gutters cleaned (two story) and other little tasks. He told me the rate over the phone. Someone else from his team called realizing the Hurricane Florence was on the way...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair window leak and clean gutters

CATEGORY gutter cleaning,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2018

Thank you so much for the [Member Information Removed] review. We truly appreciate your business.

09/04/2018

I hired Power House Painting to do a big paint job in my house involving multiple rooms and multiple very high cathedral ceilings. From quote to finish, they were always prompt, professional, and did outstanding work. They cleaned up after themselves daily and moved all furniture back into place when leaving for the day. Everyday that I came home from work, you could not even tell my home was in t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Big Paint job

CATEGORY drywall,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/05/2018

07/16/2018

Excellent communication. Prompt service. Good price. Honored Angie's List Coupon. Will use again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pressure Washing of House

CATEGORY pressure washing

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2018

05/08/2018

It went very well. Everything was done in a timely matter. I was kept up to date on everything being done. Everyone was very professional, and the crew cleaned up all debris, etc. I would definitely recommend this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced my large, rotting wooden front porch with vinyl, replaced 2 outside window sills, painted some trim on front of house, repainted and put new numbers on mailbox.

CATEGORY contractors,handyman service,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2018

Power House Painting provides residential and commercial interior and exterior painting, wood rot repairs, pressure washing, wallpaper removal, staining and sealing, gutter cleaning, carpentry & handyman services. Power House Painting has the latest equipment and technology to keep up with the latest home improvement trends.

Snow removal and Heating and Air