John Donohue Asphalt Paving

A106 REVIEWS

Founded 1988 • Angie's List since July 2012

7371 Atlas Walkway

Gainesville, VA, 20155

We are a true family owned business for thirty yrs. by three generations of John Donohue's and we are committed to giving a quality job at a fair price. We do Asphalt paving for all kinds of commercial parking lots and residential driveways,HOA private roads,streets,subdivisions, pipe stems anything asphalt we can do it. Please give us a chance to earn you're business thank you. John Donohue...

Asphalt Driveways (106)

09/11/2019

Great work, looks good. Responsive. In fact, our driveway looked so good after the work was completed that at least 3 other homeowners in my development hired Donohue Asphalt on the spot to replace their aging driveways. Came back recently to seal the driveway, also a very good job. Would hire again. FYI, I'm retired but was in the construction field for many years so can recognize a good contract...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaved 15 year old asphalt driveway in 2017 that was crumbling. They have since come back later (2019) to reseal the driveway, so two experiences with Donohue Asphalt.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2019

Thank you very much.

09/01/2019

Poor workmanship. They are unlicensed. Won't provide you with a contract prior to work. Will avoid giving you anything in writing to avoid honoring a warranty. Work is falling apart. I would not recommend. Check out his state license details.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
pipe steme repavement

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2018

To be on Angie’s list I have to meet background check and state licensing requirements so that being said I Am FULLY licensed and insured. This person was extremely tough to deal with would not meet in person never met her in person. Tried several times. I’ve owned a business for 30 plus yrs. she is mistaken and lying to defame my integrity and trying to make my business look bad have not received...

08/31/2019

Three years ago, and still looks great. They came out for a quote on a weekend. We shook hands in the driveway and scheduled the work. They came as scheduled and on-time. Charged me what they quoted. This is how a business is supposed to work. They did what they said they would do. Period. It was refreshing to work with them. This is so very-very rare in northern va. I met with a lot of companies ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Asphalt driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2016

08/14/2019

John Donohue’s Asphalt Paving Company arrived when they said they would, removed loose and badly broken areas, fill holes, and install a hot mix asphalt 2 inch think for a complete overlay. They cleaned up everything. The driveway looks great! Thank you to John Donohue and his team for doing a great job! I would highly recommend John Donohue’s Asphalt Paving Company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install New Asphalt Driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2019

Thank you for the business and comments we appreciate it. We love happy customers 👍🏼😁

08/10/2019

It went extremely well. Quoted price was competitive. Showed up on time and completed the work in the time he said it would take. Quality of the work is excellent, and he did some extra things that he did not have to do. I would highly recommend him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repave asphalt driveway (410 feet) and large turnaround area

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2019

Thank you very much it was s pleasure doing business with you enjoy the new driveway

10/05/2018

There were several areas where a seam from an earlier job revealed a sloppy application of asphalt. This is in marked contrast to John's work. His crew was neat, hardworking and conscientious. They completed the work in the time promised, cleaned up the work area and left us with a beautiful new driveway.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
existing drive way was re-paved to perfection.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2018

07/12/2018

I made the call. Said they would come by and give me an estimate in 1 hour. Showed up in 45 minutes. Gave me an estimate that beat everybody else. I asked when he thought they could get er done. Told me they would be by in an hour to do it. Unbelievable job. Great workmanship. Job was completed five hours after initial contact. Who da thunk it? These folks are good to go. 100%

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They removed the old cracked up asphalt and replaced my driveway. They also made it wider.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2018

06/30/2018

There was a little glitch initially regarding when the work was to start but that was resolved once he found my contact information. He remedied the situation, was extremely professional and the work and pricing were excellent. I highly recommend him and his company and retract my initial evaluation when I thought he had forgotten about doing my project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Leveling and paving of driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2018

05/07/2018

Great - there were no problems. They came on time and were finished in a couple of hours. John took the time before hand to inspect the drive and found two small places that had to be removed entirely.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Driveway paved

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2018

Thank you I try to take a hands on approach to my work and I appreciate customer feedback

09/20/2017

John Donahue was great. They are a multi generational company with their own equipment. They showed up as promised at 9 am and were finished by 3:30. I cant say enough good things about the experience. My wife and I knew this work needed to be done when we bought three years ago and had received many quotes and mailers over the years. John Donahue was the only one who came to the house to quote (o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had to repave our asphalt driveway. This is a big driveway with a circle and garage area.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2017