Rick Thompson Electric

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

11321 Scarlet Oak Rd

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Rick Thompson Electric is a family owned business that was started in 1981 by my father. When dad decided to retire and after working for him for more than 15 years, I decided to buy the company in 2005 to keep the name in the family. Still a family owned and operated business, we continue to provide excellent service to our customers. All of our employees go through a complete background check and attend a 4 year apprenticeship program to ensure you are always provided with a quality and knowledgeable electrician on all jobs. You can feel confident knowing your in good hands with Rick Thompson Electric. Additional Web address - www.bbbxpress.com/rick_thompson_electric_inc....

electrician (58)lighting installation (17)generator repair (10)ceiling fan installation (5)landscape lighting (2)

05/25/2020

They arrived on time, knew exactly what to do and did it in a minimal time. We were very impressed. Very friendly, yet professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Several electrical projects: New outlets, Hanging pendant lights, removing ceiling light, connecting over counter lights to switches.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/25/2020

01/02/2020

Rich was fantastic! We discovered that our refrigerator was not working and were hoping for a quick response so we could avoid the refrigerator and freezer contents going to waste. When I first called, he walked me through some troubleshooting in case it was an easy fix so I could avoid being charged if possible. When the troubleshooting didn't work, he was able to get to our house quickly and fix...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
outlets in kitchen not working

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/02/2020

09/07/2019

Excellent, would use again, as caring companies are hard to find

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ceiling box replaced, light hung up

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2019

09/06/2019

We could not have been more pleased with the professionalism, courtesy, and friendliness of Rick, Eddy, and Matt. They arrived on time, did a first-class job, and we enjoyed their sense of humor. We were very happy with the work done and the price. We highly recommend Rick Thompson Electric, and will definitely call them for any future work we have.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
1. Installation of 240v 60amp Tesla Charger. 2. Move 240 volt outlet for grill. 3. Fix Microwave Circuit.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2019

07/09/2019

I had thought it was a breaker but Rich knew exactly what the story was. Replaced the defective outlet and all was well. Thanks.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced defective electrical outlet

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2019

06/28/2019

He was almost immediate in giving me an estimate, he was polite, courteous, everything was stellar.I would use him in the future. Very knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I did not use him, we decided to do some other things.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2019

03/08/2019

While I did not hire, Rick Thompson Electric were straight forward and explained they did not do work on B&S Generators; however, they did provide me with the number for Inspired Electrical who I am working with. Not many companies will be straight forward and recommend a competitor. Definitely signs of a true professional!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Briggs and Stratton (B&S) Generator Repair

CATEGORY electrician, generator installers

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/08/2019

03/05/2019

Thompson Electric was very professional to work with during the process of building our home. Not only were they very thorough with their work, but they were always on schedule! I highly recommend this company. Whether you need service work or you are building a home, Thompson Electric will treat you the BEST!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Home construction

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2019

D

02/14/2019

Called Rick Thompson Electric but no answer. Left a VM. Several hours later received a return call. Told the party on the phone what I needed and had to schedule appointment 5 days in advance. On scheduled day, a company rep arrived around the time scheduled. Had to explain again what I wanted. He quoted me a price of $100.00 to install a timer switch! I needed the switch installed as my health pr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Required a timer switch installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2018

Not real sure how to respond to this one except to say we are super sorry the customer was not satisfied with the work performed at their home. We really wish we would have been given the opportunity to come back out to check out what was going on so we could have fixed the issue. We strive to make our customers happy and in this case unfortunately we just were not given that opportunity. When we ...

02/01/2019

Great! The gentleman that serviced us also helped set the outside timers and verified other outlets were all working in addition to the work I called them for.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New electrical outlet installed and GFI replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2019

Electrical – New Home, Maintenance, Remodeling, Fire & Water Restoration. Home Theatre. Pool & Hot Tub Wiring. TV, Telephone, Network, & Landscape Wiring. Recess Lights. Generators. Under Cabinet Lighting. Christmas Lighting. Security Lighting. Electrical Inspections & Service Upgrades. Smoke Detectors. Whole House Sound Systems. Window Candles.