Winston's Chimney Service

• Trade License Expiration
  • 04/30/2021

3158 H Spring St.

Fairfax, VA 22031

Winston's has been sweeping and repairing chimneys since 1978 and we employ highly trained--in our own training facility--and highly paid technicians to the the job right the first time. We understand you are busy and we won't keep you waiting. We will take pictures of the areas in need of repair and provide them to you. There are no bait & switch pricing games and we offer a no hassle guarantee....

chimney repair (317)chimney sweep (186)chimney cap repair (70)fireplace services (67)masonry (49)gutter cleaning (45)dryer vent cleaning (14)gutter repair (14)HVAC Companies (9)air duct cleaning (4)window cleaning (2)

02/10/2021

Winston's overcharges and uses a service call as an opportunity to sell new gas log insert sets. They charged roughly $50 more per gas log set than a competitor I used later. Service technician cleaned and relit the smaller of my two sets nicely. He then examined the larger one and told me it was broken (I could not understand his explanation of how the pilot light shutoff valve had failed) and sa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Relight two gas log inserts and service .

CATEGORY gas logs

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/10/2021

I am sorry you were not happy with our service. I have no idea what the tech with the other company did, but I can tell you this, we will NOT take chances with the lives and property of our clients. We will not allow faulty, old, and suspect applinaces including valves to stay in the fireplace. We are talking about live fire in the middle of the living room. We stand by our decision and will do it...

02/10/2021

From estimate to completion of the job, Winston's was excellent. The quality of the work was stellar and everything - before, during and after - was photo documented. Daniel was terrific - he was efficient, thorough and carefully explained each step so that we understood the process. Highly recommend Winston's.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney re-lining, new hot water vent and chimney cap replacement

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/03/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company and share it with the other members of Angie's List.

12/11/2020

Edgar and Jonathan showed up at the appointed time and did a wonderful job on our 35-yr old brick chimney. The crown had completely deteriorated, a brick had fallen out, and several joints needed repointing. Also the chimney was badly stained with black soot. Suffice it to say it now looks brand new. A totally professional makeover! Steve Wisecarver Vienna

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Repair, Cleaning and Sealing

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our company and share it with the other members of Angie's List.

10/04/2020

Very pleased with service we received from Lenny, Daniel & crew. They were prompt, knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Office staff was very responsive and helpful. Excellent customer service from start to finish. Everything went well. Definitely recommend Winston’s Chimney Service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Masonry repairs, furnace flue relining, rebuild some damaged bricks

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2020

thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review that can be shared with the other members of Angie's list.

10/01/2020

In my experience, Winston's is major league while everyone else is sandlot baseball. They were by far the most professional of any of the three companies from whom I got estimates for this job. They provided a detailed account of the chimney's condition including photos and a detailed estimate of the repair work they would undertake. We postponed for several months because of COVID but when I fina...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed chimney flue liners installed for my gas fireplace and for my furnace and hot water heater, a new cap installed, and substantial brick/motor repair/replacement/cleaning.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/23/2020

Photo for Winston's Chimney Service - 3158 H Spring St., Fairfax, VA - 38917642

11/24/2019

In a word, excellent. The crew came on time (twice because of a significant rain storm!). They did fantastic work. Very friendly. When they had to leave for the day (rain storm) they put plastic over all of their work to ensure not water damage or leakage). Very importantly to my wife they protected her plants and shrubs which was very hard to do given where the chimney was. Outstanding crew. If I...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of Chimney Cap, re-pointing mortar, cleaning brick

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2019

We really appreciate the review, thank you.

11/14/2019

They did a great job and cleaned up very well after they were done. They showed up when they said they would and they worked hard. I was happy with the outcome and I would highly recommend them as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They repaired my chimney and replaced two flues. They also put on a new cap.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/12/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with our company with the other members.

09/12/2019

The crew did an excellent job. Very little disruptions inside the house and no debris left behind! Since they were already up in the air, they helped us replace a flood light bulb!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lining repair for 2 chimneys and crown repair for one; also replaced caps

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with our company with the other members of Angie's list.

09/11/2019

Winston's was excellent. Everything was explained clearly. The team was exceedingly careful and, in the end, there was not one speck of dirt or carbon left behind

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
FP & FF Reline

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2019

thank you very much for taking the time to review our company and share the results with the other members of Angie's list.

09/11/2019

The inspector came out and was very professional and friendly. He walked me through the whole process.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Level 1 inspection

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2019

Thank you so much for the review we really appreciate it.

Chimneys - sweeping, relining, video inspections, masonry restoration, fireplace installations. Gutters & downspouts. Dryer vent cleaning.

Ask For Details