Winston's Chimney Service

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

3158 H Spring St.

Fairfax, VA 22031

Winston's has been sweeping and repairing chimneys since 1978 and we employ highly trained--in our own training facility--and highly paid technicians to the the job right the first time. We understand you are busy and we won't keep you waiting. We will take pictures of the areas in need of repair and provide them to you. There are no bait & switch pricing games and we offer a no hassle guarantee....

Chimney Repair (313)Chimney Sweep (184)Fireplaces (66)Chimney Caps (66)Masonry (48)Gutter Cleaning (45)Dryer Vent Cleaning (14)Gutters (14)Heating and Air Conditioning (9)Air Duct Cleaning (4)Uncategorized Services (3)Window Cleaning (2)

11/24/2019

In a word, excellent. The crew came on time (twice because of a significant rain storm!). They did fantastic work. Very friendly. When they had to leave for the day (rain storm) they put plastic over all of their work to ensure not water damage or leakage). Very importantly to my wife they protected her plants and shrubs which was very hard to do given where the chimney was. Outstanding crew. If I...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of Chimney Cap, re-pointing mortar, cleaning brick

CATEGORY chimney caps, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2019

11/14/2019

They did a great job and cleaned up very well after they were done. They showed up when they said they would and they worked hard. I was happy with the outcome and I would highly recommend them as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They repaired my chimney and replaced two flues. They also put on a new cap.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/12/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with our company with the other members.

09/12/2019

The crew did an excellent job. Very little disruptions inside the house and no debris left behind! Since they were already up in the air, they helped us replace a flood light bulb!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lining repair for 2 chimneys and crown repair for one; also replaced caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with our company with the other members of Angie's list.

09/11/2019

Winston's was excellent. Everything was explained clearly. The team was exceedingly careful and, in the end, there was not one speck of dirt or carbon left behind

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
FP & FF Reline

CATEGORY chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2019

thank you very much for taking the time to review our company and share the results with the other members of Angie's list.

09/11/2019

Very professional group. Ryan who did the estimate listened to my concerns and conducted an investigation with photos. A little glitch in the beginning with regard to who I expected at my door to do the work but that was corrected immediately and rescheduled just one day out. The men were very focussed on the work and took great care to protect the family room (where the fireplace exists) from fal...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Minor Masonry

CATEGORY masonry, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/11/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company and share it with the other members of Angie's List.

09/11/2019

The inspector came out and was very professional and friendly. He walked me through the whole process.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Level 1 inspection

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2019

Thank you so much for the review we really appreciate it.

09/11/2019

We needed a chimney liner installed for our wood-burning fireplace insert. Winstons did a super job and kept me fully informed as the work progressed, in case I had questions. We highly recommend Winstons.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wood insert

CATEGORY chimney sweep, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/27/2019

we really appreciate that you took the time to review your experience with our company and share it with the other members of Angie's list.

06/23/2019

We're very happy with the end result, including Winston employees' promptness and professionalism. Initially, we wanted the chimney exterior brick cleaned plus a new cap to replace a screen covering the top of the flue. When Lenny provide us with "before" photos, as a result of cracks in the cement crown, we scheduled its replacement, also. "After" photos confirmed all work was done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior brick cleaned. Cement crown replaced. Screen replaced with new cap.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our company with the other members of Angie's List.

04/02/2019

A. MA. ZING service. I never thought I would say that about chimney repairs! Originally had them come out to sweep the chimney and clean the firebox, but they told me that it really didn't need to be done; it looked clean. I loved the honesty. I then offered for them to provide me an estimate for masonry repairs on the chimney outside. They agreed, took photos that they showed me of the repairs ne...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Repairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We really appreciate it.
D

12/21/2018

I had two scheduled appointments for an inspection & cleaning and no one showed up for either appointment. After calling Winston's for more information, they could not provide an explanation as to why no one showed up for the first appointment and they claimed that someone did show up for the second appointment, but no one was home at the house or answered the phone. The second explanation doesn't...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Inspection & Sweep

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/20/2018

I will have to dispute the second appointment missed. I have the screen shot of my man trying to call your husband twice while he was waiting outside and the GPS tracker showing we were there and waiting. You should take this down.

Chimneys - sweeping, relining, video inspections, masonry restoration, fireplace installations. Gutters & downspouts. Dryer vent cleaning.

Ask For Details