Custom Built and Painted

07:00 - 16:30
07:00 - 16:30

12750 Jefferson Davis Hwy

Chester, VA, 23831

Here at Custom Built and Painted we offer real improvements in a tough economic environment. We utilize a 3 to 5 man crew in a efficient manner and in the time frame agreed upon to better accommodate the customer while keeping to schedules and price. Our billing language is simple and easy to understand with no hidden cost. We welcome both large and small jobs for homeowners as well as other contractors. As always Free Estimates are provided and we are available to answer any questions you may have....

General Remodeling (25)Interior Painting (14)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (11)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (9)Drywall (7)Cabinet Refacing and Refinishing (7)Flooring Sales and Installation (3)Handyman Services (2)Plumbing (2)Unfinished Carpentry (2)Wallpaper Removal (2)Exterior Painting (1)

10/14/2019

Matt and his team did a wonderful job. I am so pleased with the stairs, trim, custom staining, and all of the work they did. They are very skilled at their craft, personable, and reasonably priced. I now have the open concept I have wanted for so many years !!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired a load bearing interior wall opening between a kitchen and dining room; took down another wall, and built a staircase

CATEGORY remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2019

07/16/2019

After a long search I found the right company and team of workers who did one out standing job. They were hardworking respectful and know there trade.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
small roof repair and utility room drywall

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2019

12/12/2018

I appreciated that the contractor, Matt, took a good deal of time at the start of the project to listen to what I wanted in the renovation. He also suggested some alternative ideas that I ended up going with and these turned out for the better. Matt and his crew proved flexible for my schedule, and made sure I was satisfied at the end. Clean-up was responsible and thorough. I am likely to hire the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Renovation of 2nd floor bedroom to office space. This involved installation of large corner windows, and custom designed floor-to-ceiling shelving with cabinet base. Door opening was moved and fitted with sliding 'barn door.' Also a good amount of dry wall repair was needed.

CATEGORY contractors, drywall, remodeling, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2018

08/02/2018

Lived up to all our expectations, very responsive.... hired for future projects

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installing 100 sq feet of LVP vinyl flooring

CATEGORY contractors, flooring, plumbing, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2018

06/18/2018

We wanted to have it all done at once, but we should have just hired him to do the skylight as a trial before we hired him for the rest of the work. He's a very likable person and was always pleasant to deal with. He did seem to have a lot of experience. The first day he came out there were about 5 people that came out with him. He did all the work in one day, which my husband said as he is somewh...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired him after a skylight had leaked to fix the drywall from the leak as well as a list of small repairs to the drywall throughout the house (small cracks, nail pops, etc.)

CATEGORY drywall, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2018

03/09/2018

Happened 1/7/2018 and waited for contractor to begin-when I was told might go into April start date,I called Custom Built and Painted and spoke to Matt Steinhilber. I couldn't believe it when he said he could estimate the following day and start the following Monday. Mr. Steinhilber did everything he promised and much more. All the problems of moldings,bumps and holes were addressed and he was bri...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
burst pipe in our attic had caused master bedroom ceiling and back wall to be ruined

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2018

01/29/2018

Made an appointment and they never showed and never called to explain why. Not very good at all. If they didn't want the job, say so and don't leave me hanging.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace one bathroom counter with another and plumb it.

CATEGORY plumbing, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/24/2018

I apologize [Member Name Removed], I understand how important your time is. I threw my back out last Friday night and I was laid up all day Saturday and Sunday. I was in severe pain and it completely slipped my mind that we were supposed to meet. I would be happy to reschedule for this up coming Saturday if you are available and I can guarantee that it won't slip my mind. Again I apologize for you...

11/20/2017

Excellent. Done on time. Professional and well mannered. Superior workmanship

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remodel bathroom. Redo...sand and paint kitchen cabinets

CATEGORY flooring, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2017

07/18/2017

It went very well. Matt is a good listener, hard worker, talented carpenter, and gives very good advice when it came to decisions to be made. We are very happy with our new window seat, crown molding, and paint job. A big improvement to our kitchen!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed wallpaper removed around my kitchen windows and bay window and two doors. I needed the area painted, doors included, and a window seat built under the bay window. I needed cabinet molding removed above two areas and to be replaced with crown molding to create a symmetrical look. I also wanted installed crown molding in the family room adjacent to the kitchen, and painted. Lastly the front door and side panels needed to be painted.

CATEGORY wallpaper removal, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2017

07/14/2017

It went well, the worker was friendly, courteous, thorough, worked hard. He was fast as well, and knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They built a closet and repaired front porch.

CATEGORY remodeling