Extreme Tree Company

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20160331

1701 Sterling Dr

Blacksburg, VA 24060

Joshua Swift and his team specialize in tree removal and pruning for Roanoke, Salem, and the New River Valley. Full day jobs can also be done at Smith Mountain Lake. Joshua is a Certified Arborist and would love a chance to look at your trees with you. He is highly skilled in using ropes to safely work in the most difficult areas. He and his team love a challenge and have safely done many jobs that other companies were not able to do. By using climbing and turf friendly equipment, Joshua can work in your yard with minimal impact on the surrounding landscape. The tree climbing is also fascinating to watch. He will always call ahead to schedule the job, so arrange for your kids, or grandkids to be there to enjoy the show. If you have the chance, get him to hang a rope swing while he is there! Joshua is with his team 4 days a week, but can usually meet you before you leave for work, or most Friday, or Saturdays. He will make every effort to meet with you as soon as possible. Give him a call today to schedule a free consultation. Job sites can be loud, text or email is also a great way to reach him. 540-357-0045. josh@treeninja.com....

tree service (76)landscaping (3)lawn treatment (1)

11/15/2018

Excellent in all regards. Joshua came promptly to give us an estimate. He walked the property taking detailed notes then gave us an itemized list (what would be taken down & removed or left in the woods, pruned, etc.). The written estimate priced each element individually so we could opt to do some or all as we wanted. At the time of the estimate he thought it would be mid-December before they cou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2018

04/12/2018

Great job by this company. Arrived as scheduled and removed 11 trees from our yard that had grown too big and close to the house. Dropped all the tress without damage to house or other trees and some were difficult. Crew was courteous and professional and used good safety procedures. Will hire them again if more trees need to be removed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/11/2018

Thank you for the kind review and for letting us help! It was fun to work on such a challenging slope safely.

11/02/2017

Wow. If Angie's List gave an A+ grade, Extreme Tree Co. would get it from me. From the start, Josh was very responsive and professional. The workers were all polite and efficient, and they cleaned everything up very well. They did exactly the work requested in a safe manner. Josh clearly knows trees...he noticed one dead maple that we'd not seen. He made recommendations on what to do to keep our r...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A number of trees in the 30+ ft. range needed cutting. Some were very close to the house. Downed trees needed to be removed from the creek. Piles of limbs/sticks had to be chipped up. The tree canopy over the driveway was raised.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2017

09/04/2017

Inquired if they could provide the service needed. Response was yes. They asked for my address, which I provided. Heard no more from them. Would consider hiring if they show up and the price is reasonable

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Need gutter guards cleaned off and estimate on trimming a tree

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/04/2017

This client contacted me around midnight through the message center that Angie's list provided. I happened to be up and responded within 5 minutes inquiring about their address. I checked for a response over the next two days, but must have missed it. I am happy to help and occasionally miss messages. The most reliable ways to contact me are text, 540-357-0045, voicemail, and email. If I don't res...

08/22/2017

All work performed in a professional manner at a competitive price. Definitely recommend ETC to other customers.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trimming of several trees --- cutting/stump removal of three trees.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2017

08/14/2017

The work went beautifully, and I was very pleased with everything Joshua and his team did. Joshua also identified that we had Emerald Ash Bore in our huge ash tree, and he set us up with a specialist out of Richmond who has made two visits, so far, to treat the tree. Joshua was prompt about returning my texts or phone calls, and the crew arrived when he said they would. I'm thrilled to have found ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two huge old trees needed extensive pruning and/or thinning, and one needed to be cabled. We elected to have the maple trimmed first, last fall, and then the ash tree thinned and cabled this summer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/19/2017

07/22/2017

I was very impressed with the whole process from how quickly everything was done, to how well the job turned out and the team cleaned up after themselves. I will definitely use in the future and would recommend to anyone looking for professional tree work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We recently lost the top of a pine tree in a storm and since we had another dead pine tree, it was time to get everything taken care of. Josh came out the day after I called, and the whole job was done a few days later.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2017

06/26/2017

Josh and team were excellent in their work. It was obvious that Safety was a top concern. The team were very knowledgeable on how to take the trees down without affecting overhead lines or nearby buildings. Josh was very meticulous about his work and knew where each individual branch would fall. It was refreshing to watch. I would definitely hire them again as well as recommend them to anyone need...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had 2 large trees removed and stumps ground from our front yard which were dying and 5 large pine trees removed from our property edge.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2017

Thank you for posting a review! I am glad we could help with your trees. It was fun having an audience there for the day. We always love it when people are there to watch. Thanks Again! Joshua

06/12/2017

Went great! Two of the pine trees were very close to the deck. No damage to deck. Clean up was remarkable. This is the 3rd time I'ved used Extreme Tree. I'll certainly use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Three pine trees cut down and 2 dead Lyland Cypress cut down and wood removed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/21/2017

Thank you! It was a pleasure working for you. I love a fun challenge removing trees that are growing out over the house!

01/26/2017

Joshua ,Adam ,John and the rest of the team could have not have done a more perfect job! It was a pleasure to watch these guys enjoy their work so much. Joshua was very responsive when I made initial contact with him. Everyone was efficient, punctual , productive and very polite. I give them an A++ from the beginning to the perfect clean up job at the end of the day!!! I would highly recommend the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed careful pruning of an older mature large Chinese chestnut tree

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/26/2017

Expert Tree Removal, and tree pruning, storm damage prevention with supplemental bolts and cables to strengthen weak branches, tree risk assessments, stump grinding, lawn seeding & renovation.

Planting trees or shrubs is not something we can provide at this time.

Check, Visa, MasterCard