THE TOP JEWELERS

A 17 Reviews

Founded 1981 • Angie's List since June 2010

2502 COLUMBIA PIKE

Arlington, VA 22204

The Top Jewelers is a jewelry store in Arlington, VA specializing in engagement rings, custom jewelry, remodeling, refurbishing, jewelry repairs and more....

jewelry (17)

12/04/2017

Ring was delivered as promised and engraved accurately. Pricing seemed to be fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bought a wedding band for husband (original ring was lost) and had it engraved.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2017

05/01/2017

Michael took a loose opal we'd bought on our honeymoon and turned it into a really stunning pendant that's a lovely memory of a great trip. He was very easy to work with, has an excellent eye for detail, and a real talent (plus a great deal of patience in responding to questions). We're very lucky to have found him, and highly recommend him!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Custom setting for a loose opal.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2017

02/21/2017

Service was quick, courteous, and professional. Would absolutely go back again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed an engagement ring that was set with a family heirloom diamond.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2017

01/28/2016

Very well! Perfect job. Very informative, fair price, quick service and super professional. Would go there again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They resized my husband's wedding band that was his grandfathers and also engraved it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2015

01/13/2016

The rings are beautiful and just what we wanted. When he was working on my ring, Mr. Lao called me with a few more questions to be sure he was doing what I wanted. And did he ever! The work was professionally and timely done, and we would recommend Top Jewelers to anyone because their name says it all.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I originally brought in an engraved baby spoon that belonged to my daughter. I wanted my granddaughter's initials put on the spoon underneath my daughter's. Mr. Lao did the work so well and was so gracious, that my fiance and I began talking to him about wedding rings. We came back several weeks later and each of us ordered a ring which he specially made. My ring took some doing because I have an engagement ring in the shape of a "V" and wanted him to "snuggle" the wedding band into that shape and insert two small diamonds on each part of the "V".

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2015

09/03/2015

He did a super job and we were so pleased with the final product. He was helpful in walking us through the processes of combining the gold from the ring and the diamonds from the earring. We felt he was very up front and honest about the cost and pick-up date. The ring was ready ahead of schedule.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Used the gold from my wedding band to create a new ring that incorporated small diamonds from a pair of earrings I owned.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2015

02/11/2015

Ring hasn't fit right for 17 years.  It was re-sized once by a different jeweler, and still didn't fit.  Went to Top Jewelers and the owner said that he could either re-size the ring with a machine, or he would need to cut the ring.  He gave us the range of prices for both options.  He also noticed the inscription in the ring and wrote it down; that way if he cut the ring he would re-inscribe it. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-sized wedding ring

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/11/2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review [name removed]. In addition we offer a 2 week trial period in which if the ring needs more adjustment I will take care of it complimentary to ensure you recieve the service you pay for (ring sizing). Furthermore, the estimate is also less because I did not have to re engrave the ring either. We appreciate your business. Regards, Michael

07/02/2014

I started going here because of their good reviews on other websites.  I can't recall the main jeweler's name, but he knows what he's talking about (I have dealt with a woman who was helping out there, and she was not as informed; she had to call him).  His prices are fair and the work is done in just a few days.  I had one ring that another vendor tried to  charge me $70 to resize; he charged me ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've had these guys do it all: replace lost stones in my engagement ring, fix antique watches, resize rings

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2014

[member name remove], thank you for sharing your experience with us. we are very happy to hear about your satisfaction. Michael

05/27/2014

Great neighborhood jewelry store.  Very friendly, kind, polite and helpful.  No sales pitches or pressure.    Very efficient fitting and selection process.  Reasonable prices.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sold wedding band

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2013

05/08/2014

They did a pretty good job. The price wasn't too much - I would say it was reasonable or competitive. I asked them not to polish the ring but they did so when I went to pick it up, I had to have them remove the polish. I could still kind of see the line where they cut it on the bottom when they resized it. I don't have anything to compare it to but that is the only thing I would say about the qual...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They resized one ring.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2013

Jewelry Repairs, Watch Repairs, Engraving, custom design, remodeling, resetting,and refurbishing. We also provide a full line of jewelry from pendant, earrings, and engagement rings/ wedding bands.

Ask for Details.