Michael & Son Svc Inc

B 1876 Reviews

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since March 2005

5740 General Washington Dr

Alexandria, VA 22312

Michael & Son is family owned & operated and has been servicing the Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC area for over 30 years. We take great pride in providing our customers with the highest quality plumbing services. Our professional and courteous staff are here to help you with whatever projects you need to get done....

plumber (1164)hvac repair (434)electrician (430)water heater repair and installation (91)handyman (85)lighting installation (57)drain cleaning (55)home remodeling (45)air duct cleaning (33)ceiling fan installation (31)home remodeling (31)generator repair (27)

08/03/2020

quote on new electrical panel upgrade

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
First of all they charge $69 to come out to give a quote .Tech showed up didn’t know what he was there for .Took a look at my wiring and said he was not comfortable working with that type of box but another tech that he works with could.He said he would have his dispatch call me to schedule the other tech for my quote.They never called back had my work done by another company a big job that they could have had if they would have sent a qualified tech.Very happy with the other company Mr.Electric of Gastonia did great work.

CATEGORY electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/1970

07/23/2020

Here is an example of the sloppy work done by Michael & Son. The electric panel work looks like it was completed by a fourth grade child and I'm still not sure why they left live exposed electrical wires. I'm positive there work will not pass inspect so I will have to get a real electrician to fix the sub par work which I paid thousands of dollars to Michael & Son.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical panel moved

CATEGORY electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/23/2020

Photo for Michael & Son Svc Inc - 5740 General Washington Dr, Alexandria, VA - 38740945

06/17/2020

Very fast and professional service. Clear communication and knowledgeable technician. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC Duct Reapir

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2020

06/17/2020

One of the two HVAC systems needed replacement and the installation was quick and was a smooth customer experience. A/C is pumping now.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New HVAC system installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

06/17/2020

The technician was very polite and helped me understand other things to look out for when taking care of my system!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC Clean & Check

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/17/2020

Thank you for the kind review.

06/17/2020

Very well, the company I went through were very kind and helpful in helping me understand the issue as well as fixing it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
HVAC Job For Home

CATEGORY appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/03/2020

We appreciate the positive feedback.
C

06/17/2020

Plumber didn't follow what his employer said was expected of him re. Covid exposure. No mask, shoe coverings, 6 ft distancing In my opinion, very expensive considering it was a simple one-for-one replacements and I was providing all the hardware (sink, faucet, et al)

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Simple one-for-one replacement of drop-in kitchen sink

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing,air duct cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/10/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], we are sorry that you did not enjoy your service. Please contact our customer relations manager via email at maurice.noori@michaelandson.com to help tend to this issue.

06/12/2020

didn't use them. the drive is over 4 hours away from their office to my house.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair of cracked pipe and fitting

CATEGORY plumbing,air duct cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2020

06/10/2020

I contacted Michael & Son to repair my HVAC unit, which was only two years old, because our lines were freezing up. The first technician determined we needed more refrigerant, and we were charged $350. He didn't even stay long enough to determine if the issue was fixed. The lines froze again after he left so we called to have someone else come out. The next appointment was a no-show for a 10-12 wi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
HVAC Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/10/2020

06/09/2020

Our appointment was for 8:00 am. After 1:00 pm we received a call from Michael and Son they were cancelling the appointment; It was too cold for the rep.. The temperature was at least 60 degrees. When my husband called the office, the representative would not reschedule and would not let my husband talk to a supervisor.. We still do not have an appointment, but Michael and Son was paid $348 for a ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
6 month maintenance for heating and HVAC per maintenance agreement

CATEGORY home inspection,air duct cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2020

Carpentry, Ceiling Fans, Ceramic Tile, Concrete, Doors, Drywall, Electrical, Fireplaces, Flooring, Lighting, Masonry, Plastering, Plumbing, Remodeling, Siding, Roofing, Valves, Windows, Heating & AC.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check