Britts Roofing

• Trade License Expiration
  • 07/31/2021

2300 Mt Vernon Ave

Alexandria, VA 22301

Class A Licensed Contractor. Serving Old Town Alexandria and surrounding neighborhoods for over 30 years. Specializing in Repair and Maintenance of Historic Roofs, Copper, Tin, Slate, all Flat Roofs, all Paint and Coatings. Many of the historic homes in Old Town are flat-roofed row-houses that may require a new membrane or simply a fresh application of aluminum fibered, elastomeric or equivalent coatings. Call Britt! From slate repairs to copper leaks to squirrel damage to rotted fascia, Britt's Roofing resolves any concerns you may have and keeps your roof in sound working condition for good!...

roofing (19)chimney repair (4)chimney cap repair (4)gutter repair (4)siding companies (3)

02/01/2021

We had a persistent leak in our roof that was causing damage to a bedroom ceiling. Contacted several companies and they proposed extensive and costly repairs. Britt inspected the roof and caulked areas where there were potential leaks. We have had several heavy rains since then and no more signs of water damage. Britt did the job at a fraction of the cost.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2020

08/13/2018

Britt's Roofing is fantastic. After a major windstorm, we found several flaked slate pieces in our yard. Britt Stamps, owner, came out promptly after I called to assess the roof. He took and emailed photos to me, and clearly explained the wear and tear damage, why it happened, and what he could do to repair/maintain the roof. He also sent a proposal for the work. Within a week, several slates were...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repairs, including repairing slates and resealing flashing plus roof and gutter inspection; gutter repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2018

05/31/2018

From start to finish, Britt was responsive, professional, and timely. We had a small leak and he was able to come out quickly, gave us an estimate in line with others we had received, and unlike the other 4-5 companies we called, actually came and did the work as promised. They finished the job within two days of giving us the estimate and within 5 days of us calling them on a holiday weekend. We ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sealing, scraping and resurfacing metal roof of historic town home.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2018

04/02/2018

Britt documented some cracking and aging boots and chimney issues that a previous inspection had missed, but emphasized that the overall roof was in good shape. After doing the maintenance and updates, the leak went away.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix leak in roof

CATEGORY roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2018

11/17/2017

In the course of routine chimney service performed by another contractor, we discovered a section of roof tile that had been completely rubbed away by a tree branch. Called on Thursday before the Veteran's Day holiday on Friday. Britt came out at 8 am Friday morning, performed a free assessment and estimate, and then performed the required work in about an hour. In addition to the work on the patc...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Small patch/repair and roof "tune up"

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2017

01/20/2017

Outstanding!  I have a four story town house, so no way am I going up on the roof.  Britt and his assistant took pictures while checking out my roof, so I could see exactly what was wrong and needed to be fixed.  The corrected all of the problems, including the leak the next day, and took another round of pictures to show me what they had done.  They were polite, professional, on-time, and did a g...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired a leak in my roof, and corrected several other problems that had developed over ten years.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/04/2017

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed] for writing a review for Britts Roofing. I apologize about not thanking you earlier, I just learned about this easy way to respond on the computer. Call us again anytime when you need us.

11/03/2015

Britt's Roofing was very responsive and able to come out the next day.  They took pictures of the roof, chimney and gutters and showed us what needed to be repaired and gave us an estimate to let us decide if we wanted to proceed.  They completed the work in a timely manner and we have not had any issues since.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired roof and chimney crown.  Cleared out gutters.

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

Hi Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for your kind review. It'[Member Information Removed] been a while I know it'[Member Information Removed] just I only now learned about this way to respond on my computer. Anyway, call us anytime you need us and we'll be happy to help you out. Britt Stamps

05/13/2014

I love these guys. Saw them working on a house across the street as I was walking to Metro. I walked up to their ladder and described my needs. They agreed to come by the next morning for a review of the situation. They (a young man and woman team) were exactly on time and examined everything thoroughly. I climbed up the ladder as well and for the first time in my 7 months of ownership, I saw what...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
On an historic row house in Old Town Alexandria, they Installed vents on roof to vent attic, capped a chimney, installed copper roofing on porch overhang, patched bituminous roofing on rear portion of house and resurfaced entire roof with aluminum-based sealant.

CATEGORY roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2014

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your conscientious review. It's been a long while but I just learned about this way to thank customers for their time on my behalf. I hope you're liking Old Town as I remember you had just moved in when we worked on your roof. Call us if you need anything and we'll be glad to help you out. Britt Stamps

10/21/2013

Frankly, this was arranged by my son prior to my moving to Alexandria. I had the property inspected and used the roofer the inspector suggested. The work was done in a timely manner and there were no issues or problems. I actually had no personal contact with the roofer, my son handled it. But, all went according to request and after really heavy rains, we are all dry. So it's good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repair as indicated by inspection and application of white coating.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2013

Hi Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review. It's been a long time but I only now realized that I can do this on the computer. Call us again if you need anything and we'll be glad to help you out. Britt Stamps

01/27/2013

Britt's Roofing (may have been 'Britt' himself for all I know) arrived earlier than the appointment date but called ahead of time to ensure this was acceptable.  He was very efficient and repaired the fallen gutter and fascia board quickly, and moved immediately to fix the fallen slate tiles.  The work was much quicker than I had anticipated!  After over two years since the work was done, the roof...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
After snowstorms of 2009-2010, we had a gutter fall from the back of the house, and about a dozen slate tiles detach from the roof.  Britt's Roofing serviced the fallen gutter (including fascia board) and repaired the slate tiles.

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2010

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review. I didn't know until today that I could respond to customer reviews on the computer. It was many years ago, but I didn't want to miss the chance to say thanks for your time. If you need anything, call again and we'll be happy to help you out. Britt Stamps

Specializing in Repair and Maintenance of Historic Roofs, Copper, Tin, Slate, all Flat Roofs, all Paint and Coatings since 1985.

Complete roof tear-off and installation of new shingle roof.