GT Automotive

A98 REVIEWS

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since June 2011

919 W Baxter Dr

South Jordan, UT, 84095

Additional DBA - GT Express Lube. Additional e-mail - gtautomotive@mechanicnet.com....

Auto Service (97)Brakes (13)Auto Tires (4)Headlights (2)

06/02/2017

I took it in for brakes and an oil change/tire rotation. They called me back within a 1/2 hour and proceeded to give a list of 4 things that needed to be repaired in addition to those things I brought it in for. This made me a little nervous, cause I have a hard time trusting mechanics anyway. I chose to repair one of those 4 things. They quoted me one price and it came in about $100 higher. But, ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brakes, Oil Change, Tire rotation, They added - timing cover, seals, and pump... which I've been told should normally include a tune up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/27/2017

02/20/2017

They are very knowledgeable and timely.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
GT was our auto shop for 4 cars over 7 years. They are very knowledgeable and timely. We only stopped using them because we moved to St George. No hesitation recommending them.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/10/2015

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate it very much.
D

09/19/2016

In the lubrication job they missed four grease fittings. When I returned to GT, they did complete those four, but there was no apology or offer of something in return for the hassle.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oil/filter change and lube.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/27/2016

I apologize. We should always own up to our mistakes. I'm also sorry that it has taken so long to respond. I've been in the hospital and I dropped the ball as far as having someone else respond to the reviews. I'm glad we took care of it for you but we ought to be a lot better about communicating and showing empathy for the customer that has to return because we didn't complete the job. Tim

05/29/2016

Provided superior service. Notified when additional problems found, demonstrated need for costly repairs, fixed and delivered as promised.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace power steering unit, repair transmission, tune up, oil and filter change,

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2016

07/01/2015

Another company who had done an oil change for me said that my disc break pads were wearing thin and needed replacement.  GT Automotive inspected them and told me that new pads were not necessary yet and charged me nothing.  They offered to reinspect the brakes a year from now, again at no cost.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brake inspection.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2015

05/22/2015

My Honda Accord is rather old and started missing and hesitating while accelerating.  Also knew it was time to replace timing belt.  They quickly troubleshot everything, including the source of a persistent oil leak I knew existed but could not find myself.  They fixed everything, and even gave me the water pump for free. They also provided me with a loaner car so I could get to work and run erran...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, distributor cap and wiring, head gaskets.  Provided car for no charge while mine was in their shop.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/29/2015

Thanks for the review, [member name removed].Hopefully we can keep the Honda running for a long time!

04/03/2015

Great.  We asked them to look the car over and tell us if anything needed work, and they said everything looked good, the car didn't need any work done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Safety and emissions testing on car.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/27/2015

10/23/2014

GT Automotive is solid. They are honest, and I trust them completely. I recommend them to everyone I know.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired right wheel bearing and power windows and locks

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2014

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a review. It is much appreciated.

09/29/2014

I trust them and have been recommending them to everyone I know. They did a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They fixed a tensioner pulley and a few other minor things.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/26/2014

06/16/2014

they have replace water pumps, shocks, oil gaskets on the engine and seals on the transmission for  me as well as the mundane oil change, transmission flush and radiator flush. They have always been an AAA+ shop with me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
last service was an oil change  but I have done business with them for about 8 years now and I have always found them to be fair and honest in all the service work they have done for me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/16/2014

Thank you for taking the time to place a review. We appreciate it very much.