Chimera Construction LLC

• Trade License Number
  • 6845268-5501

2717 S 1000 E

Salt Lake City, UT 84106

You bring the vision, we bring the tools and expertise to build it. Our philosophy is to never stop evolving, never stop learning. Our dedication is to quality, durability, and adaptability in the pursuit of YOUR vision; we commit to never compromising these principles in our approach to your project. Our goal is to reinvigorate an industry flooded by mediocrity, bringing craftsmanship and beauty into a bond with functionality. We renovate, restore, and newly build, just about anything you can think of. We are able to manage custom projects so well because we are a small company. Each of us at Chimera brings a unique set of skills to the table, and through collaboration and expertise we create a machine so efficient we remain competitive with outfits much larger than us, at a major cost benefit to our clients....

home remodeling (51)home remodeling (33)drywall repair (20)electrical (18)cabinet making (18)woodworking (17)interior painting (15)picture framing (15)plumbing (13)countertop installation (9)tile installation (9)insulation (8)

05/22/2020

Travis and his team did an excellent job remodeling our entire home under very tight deadlines; always going the extra mile for their client; true professionals expert at what they do. We strongly recommend them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete house remodel

CATEGORY custom cabinets,carpet installation,ceramic tile,concrete repair,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring,picture framing,hardwood floor repair,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,windows,skylights,ceiling fans,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/05/2020

Photo for Chimera Construction LLC - 2717 S 1000 E, Salt Lake City, UT - 38586334

11/28/2019

No contact from your contact company. Bad, bad and more bad

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They never called, texted or emailed me, so I found someone else and the job is done.

CATEGORY fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/28/2019

01/15/2019

Feel so lucky that you have found Travis and Chimera Construction. You honestly can't make a better choice for a general contractor and rennovation team. Travis is honest to a fault, communicative and responsive and very talented. Initially I passed up Travis in the "compare a bunch of bids" phase as the only option to work with Trav included custom made kitchen cabinets and I didn't want to spend...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Everything: Full scale remodel, kitchen gut, 3 remodeled bathrooms

CATEGORY custom cabinets,contractors,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring,picture framing,plumbing,remodeling,fireplaces,custom furniture,woodworking,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters,cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2019

Photo for Chimera Construction LLC - 2717 S 1000 E, Salt Lake City, UT - 37658939

07/03/2018

I wanted to create an open kitchen/space in my old condo unit. Travis was professional and responsive- he was flexible with me as I opted to do the painting myself and his team was helpful in the process. His guys worked clean and fast, the job was completed start to finish in one month. There are a few things (as it's been almost four months since) that could be adjusted/touched up but I am overa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen Renovation

CATEGORY custom cabinets,ceramic tile,drywall,plumbing,remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2018

Photo for Chimera Construction LLC - 2717 S 1000 E, Salt Lake City, UT - 37209238

03/15/2018

I had Travis come to my house to do a bid for remodeling two bathrooms, and after he sent the bid to me he stopped communicating completely. I sent multiple emails and texts trying to set up a time to finalize the bid and discuss details, and he didn't return any of them. Ghosting? Really? No serious professional does this if they want to stay in business, particularly one that relies on word-of-m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remodel of two bathrooms

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/16/2018

02/20/2018

Chimera completely rebuilt the bathroom in my basement top to bottom, could not be happier with the results. Travis spent time with me making sure I was happy with every detail, and Tyler went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect. I hope to have my kitchen done in the near future, and can not wait to do business with Chimera again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remodel bathroom

CATEGORY custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,hardwood floor repair,remodeling,windows,ceiling fans,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2018

02/19/2018

I was impressed with the guys. Trav gave me a bid and drawings that I could afford and was prompt. The cabinets and install went frankly perfect. I was so impressed that I got a bid on a utility room downstairs that was very dated. Again the process went well. The combined jobs was more than i initially had planned to spend but the service was professional and I went for both.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed complete kitchen remodel including cabinets, new floor tile plus some demo and rebuild.

CATEGORY custom cabinets,remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2017

11/27/2017

We underwent a kitchen remodel the summer/fall of 2017 with Chimera Construction. We are pleased with our experience and finished product. Travis and the team were great at discussing pros and cons of various elements of the kitchen allowing us to make informed decisions every step of the way, including when we decided to go with a significant change to the project. We appreciated the openness and...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We gutted the kitchen to completely remodel and opened walls.

CATEGORY custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,picture framing,hardwood floor repair,insulation,plumbing,remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2017

C

09/06/2016

No work was actually completed. This review is solely based on the initial communications with Travis. I was referred to him by a drafting company and after searching for his company on Angieslist I was surprised with the plethora of great reviews. This confirmed that I wanted to inquire some pricing for a significant project that I am doing. I initially called three times throughout a week with n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Structural Beam, wall demolitions, electrical, framing, footings, and casings.

CATEGORY drywall,electrician,picture framing,insulation,remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2016

10/23/2015

I would not recommend this company.  If they cannot return calls I would look elsewhere for you remodeling needs......

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Absolutely nothing............Called three times and left voice mail requesting a call back to set up appointment for bid to add bathroom and bedroom in my basement.  No return calls........Terrible customer service.

CATEGORY remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2015

Remodeling, Tiling, Countertops, Roofing, Basements, Additions, Complete Builds, Decks, Contracting With Sub's, Custom Built Furniture, Light Fixtures, Doors, Cabinets.