James Ence DDS

Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 3 Reviews

To see if this provider is board certified go to www.abgd.org. There is 1 doctor at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site....

01/15/2013

From initial evaluation each time I had a problem, Dr Ence was positive and caring. He forms a treatment plan with associated costs and is reasonable with patient's priorities.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've been to Dr Ence several times, for routine exams, teeth whitening, cap replacement, and new caps. He is gentle and personable and moist important - competent. He is highly recommended!! (I would not schedule w/other DDSs in the practice.)

05/06/2012

The new crown placement went fine, although I dislike most dental work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Last appt, Dr Ence placed a crown on one that had broken. He's not the cheapest dentist but I'm certain he's the best!

C

01/18/2012

Not satisfied with the fillings, and the doctor only comes in and checks your teeth every YEAR, not every 6 months like the insurance allows. The hygienist is the one who checks when it's not the doctor's turn, which I don't like.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have had fillings done twice by Dr. Ence. The first time, they hurt really bad for almost 6 months. They told us that was normal! That has never happened to me before and I've had a ton of fillings. I thought maybe it was just a fluke, so we gave him another chance. Once again, the fillings STILL hurt and my husband and I stand at the sink cringing every night as we floss our filled teeth in total pain! It seems that he has a tendency to drill too deep or something, since it has happened to me and my husband both times we have been there. He is nice and we like the office, we just can't have our filled teeth hurt for months and months every time we have a cavity. We won't be going back.

General Dentistry