Custom Rain

B27 REVIEWS

Founded 1987 • Angie's List since January 2011

4000 N Highway 78

Wylie, TX 75098

Welcome to Custom Rain, your local experts in grading, irrigation, landscaping, sprinkler systems, drainage, lighting, retaining walls, and root barrier systems. Custom Rain would like to install all of your underground drain pipes for your Downspouts, sub-surface drains, French drains and Directional drains to get the water away from your foundation. This will protect your home and landscaping from Erosion, Foundation problems, Mold, Algae and Fungus issues. Not to mention Termites and Mosquitoes....

Drain Pipe Installation (25)Lawn Irrigation (8)Gutters (6)Landscaping (5)Pavers and Hardscaping (2)Excavating (2)Fencing (1)

09/06/2018

The initial work was performed in 2017. I was not happy with the fact they stacked loose rock up to the bottom of our siding (taking away the deterrent for termites to enter). Also, after 6-9 months, the drain in the driveway began to sink. After many contacts spanning months, they did come out and repair it nicely at no cost.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a French drain across the front of our property, across the driveway and ran drainage pipes to the back of our property.

CATEGORY landscaper, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the employee that did the work for you is no longer with our company. I regret that this is the experience you had with us, as this is not how we conduct business. I did come out in September to fix the issue and everything has been resolved. Please let me know if there are still outlying issues that we have not corrected. Again, thank you for bringing...

10/23/2017

great everything when a cording to plan and on schedual.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
needed rerout on sprikler system, a drain system and gutter screem and clean

COST $4,578.26

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2017

10/23/2017

It went great! Everything works really good and i will be recommending this company!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drain system and sparkler repairs.

CATEGORY gutter repair, landscaper, irrigation systems, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2017

02/09/2017

Ken and his team were quick, professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. The work was impeccable, and looks marvelous. Ken talked me through each step, and educated me as to why I was experience water leakage into my house. Ken was onsite each morning to ensure work was progressing, and after everything was completed he walked me around the property to discuss the work done, and any potential things...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was have drainage issues from having poor gutters and water not being properly diverted around my house. Ken was able to instantly diagnose the problem and provide a cost efficient, thoughtful solution. He suggested new gutters a French Drain to run water away from the house, and a foundation seal on part of the house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/27/2017

01/16/2017

The job went very well. We got multiple bids prior to the start of work. Custom Rain was significantly lower than the closest bid, but their plan seemed sound so we proceeded with them. They arrived the following week and completed the work in 3 days. The results have been excellent. Prior to the drainage installation we were getting water in the house and the crawl space flooded. After the work w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed 4 drain lines from house to street and alley. Installed new gutters.

CATEGORY gutter repair, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2016

10/10/2016

After 1 year I can say all drains they installed worked very well but the sod installation covering the installed French drains was not good at all. Several of the drains are set too low and makes for areas where lawn is not easily walked. Sod was not set close together or level. Yard was fine before and now it looks and feels bad. A lot of the grass they installed has died even in areas where the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is a follow up from my review of October of 2015 Installation of drains in my backyard

CATEGORY landscaper, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2015

Photo for Custom Rain - 4000 N Highway 78, Wylie, TX - 33686445

11/12/2015

Owner is very knowledgeable. Trenching and installation of French drains went well as did cutting through curb, replacing valves and installing additional heads.  A few issues were communication with owner following above listed work as he had a gutter company come and install downspout (they did a great job) but never knew when (or if) they would come.  Other issue was their placement of sod over...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed backyard French drains and connected numerous downspouts to drains to bring rainwater to front street through curb.  They also replaced a patch of dead grass with new sod, added a few missing sprinkler heads, replaced 2 defective sprinkler valves, and installed one new downspout.

CATEGORY gutter repair, landscaper, irrigation systems, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2015

12/05/2014

He came to my house to estimate the cost of drainage work. After two weeks, an email, and a phone call, no estimate has been provided.

CATEGORY irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2014

08/15/2014

We agreed to install a "bed drain" in our front flower beds. Ken Lowe agreed to complete the work "during the first week of June". He never showed up even after my wife called him to inquire when he would arrive so that we could make sure we were home.  He said "you don't have to be there for us to do the work". He still has not showed up.  We contracted with another company to complete the work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ken Lowe provided an estimate on May 23, 2014, to install bed drain and/or "pro drain" .

CATEGORY irrigation systems, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/27/2014

02/26/2014

He took couple of days to come in. But he did the job right and charged very reasonable price without any negotiation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Modified the current French drain that was almost blocked and extended it to the street.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/08/2014

Grading. Irrigation. Landscaping. Sprinkler systems. Drainage. Lighting. Retaining walls. Root barrier systems.

NA