Ip, Dr. Kam

Angie's List since October 2008

C Rated | 6 Reviews

To see if this provider is board certified go to www.abms.org. There are 22 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site....

C

06/22/2015

10/28/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Went in for pain management and overall care.He didn't want to hear anything I had to say.He just told me he didn't do pain management;also I'm from Colorado and and was on cholesterol meds I had him take a blood test to check my levels he told me it wasn't high enough to worry about it Then he sent me to a pain clinic Robert Balch II who did a ua.I told them I'm new from co. and was on medical marijuana I have Dr. papers to prove it so they put me on ibprofen and zantec for pain??? I did have a ua that showed thc.which I told them it would because it would take 90 days to get out of my system.I have a herniated disc in my neck at c7 and failed surgery at l4 l5 s1 with broken pins medical marijuana was the only way I could sleep or walk.So Dr. Balch wanted to do injections .Well I had them in Colorado the ones in my lower back made my pain worse I asked why they wanted to do them again I wasn't given an answer.When I refused they sent me a letter saying they wouldn't see me again because I wouldn't stop using marijuana.By that time it has been out of my system.I went back to Dr. Ip had him do another ua which came back clean.

06/15/2012

I checked in about 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment. The nurse called me in and checked the vitals after about 20 minutes. The doctor came in a few minutes after that. He checked me out and read the reports of the blood test. The problem was that he didn't give me a chance to discuss concerns I had. I was finished about 30 to 40 minutes after the appointment time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A follow-up examination and report of blood tests taken in the morning.

06/06/2012

. I went in for my annual physical, then had to sit in the Waiting Room for a long while. After I was called into the Examination Room, I had to wait even longer for the doctor to come in.The shortest time I've had to wait is 45 miniutes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
It is not unusual to have to wait at least one hour after the appointment time to see the doctor, sometimes two hours.

03/20/2012

He's a good doctor; I just don't think he has the time to spend with his customers. The clinic he works for overbooks him.  We only have 2 family doctors in town and that is why they are so busy.   I think they schedule a patient for him every 10 minutes.  He tries to do the best with the time he has.  He refills my prescriptions when I need them, they can usually fit me in when I need to see him....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We go on a regular basis.  My husband was there just the other day.  I have to go often because of a problem I have with my hip.

Family Practitioner