OptiRest Mattress

A15 REVIEWS

Founded 1998 • Angie's List since October 2011

5563 De Zavala Rd #150

San Antonio, TX 78249

We are a mattress retailer who offers every level of quality the mattress industry has to offer. While we have THE BEST prices in the city on kids and guest room beds, we actually specialize in Latex, Memory Foam, Pocketed Coil and Adjustable Beds. Also, we are local owner/operators who believe that every customer deserves 'the extra mile' of service. Stop by and you be the judge!...

mattress store (15)

07/20/2018

The store owner was very knowledgeable and helped us try out all of the possible firmness options in the foam beds. He went through all of the pros and cons of the beds as well as the accessories that would be used. Pillows, sheets, and mattress pads were all discussed in relation to the temperature when used with the breathable foam. We ended up getting new mattress pads from a source he recommen...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We bought a Tallalay latex foam king bed and an adjustable frame.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/20/2018

05/06/2018

We needed a new mattress for the guest room, a decent one, but not one that has to stand up to a lot of use. We got a very comfortable mid-range mattress, with no up-sale pressure.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Mattress

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2017

02/04/2016

Geoff is incredibly knowledgeable about eco-friendly, non-toxic, long lasting, super comfortable latex mattresses, toppers and pillows.  He did a great job of explaining everything to us and having us try all the options to make sure we would be happy with our purchases.  He did not rush us or pressure us to buy anything or to upgrade or any of the other tactics of the big box mattress stores.  He...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Geoff, the owner of OptiRest, went above and beyond to find us exactly what we needed.  Everything was ordered and delivered exactly as promised and on time.  He even called to keep us updated on our order status.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/04/2016

10/26/2014

They are very knowledgeable about the products they sell and took the time for all my questions.  Will definitely go back.  Better than the big box mattress store down the road.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased two twin sized latex toppers and a latex pillow.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2014

07/23/2014

Service was very good, they did exactly what they said they would.  They helped me put them up and they got rid of the old ones.  Two guys came out and it took about an hour to do the job.  I would highly recommend them.  They are excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They delivered our mattresses.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2012

07/06/2014

It was so nice to deal with someone both knowledgable and low-key. I put this purchase off too long dreading high-pressure sales. Geoff is the opposite - listens, gives good advice and delivers on time. And great price (included delivery and a nice free upgrade!). I've already recommended OptiRest to anyone I know looking for a mattress.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Purchased queen bed - mattress, box springs, & frame.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/04/2014

06/05/2014

They came highly recommended. They were very good. They were very professional and very educational. They know their product and they educate you on the product. There's no high pressure.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used the services of OptiRest Mattress.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2014

02/04/2014

Following an unbelievably negative experience with a competing mattress company in San Antonio (I should write up a review on THAT experience), I popped into the Optirest store on a whim one afternoon after work.  I was on my way to Costco and found myself on DeZavala by mistake, noticed the store's delivery truck parked in the store parking lot, and thought I'd go in and give them an opportunity ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They sold me a new queen mattress, box spring, and frame; I purchased the set on a Thursday evening and it was delivered on Saturday afternoon as promised.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/06/2013

12/30/2013

I only needed a queen size mattress frame. I stopped in, the guys were very nice and prompt, and purchased the frame at a reasonable price. Very good transaction. I can't speak to the quality of their mattresses, but the frame is well-constructed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I bought a queen size mattress frame from OptiRest.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2013

11/29/2013

I had a situation that required I buy a mattress quickly.  I spoke with the owner, Geoff Smith, and he was extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of a mattress.  He answered all my questions and added some valuable information regarding materials.  He was patient and did not hurry me in any way.  He encouraged me to test each of several mattresses and to do it a few times until I was certain of...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demonstrated mattresses and provided information regarding types and materials. Delivered and set up mattress.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2013

Mattress and Furniture Sales.

Not Applicable