El Dorado Animal Hospital

A32 REVIEWS

Founded 1973 • Angie's List since May 2005

13039 Nacogdoches Rd

San Antonio, TX 78217

El Dorado Animal Hospital is designed to provide complete medical care for your pet. Our patients are given the benefit of the latest knowledge in veterinary medicine and to this end we will always strive. It will always be our philosophy to treat our patients with the best possible care....

Veterinarians (31)Animal Boarding Kennels (3)Animal Burial/Cremation (1)Animal Grooming (1)

01/30/2018

One anesthesia and 4 surgical procedures performed. Dog healed right on schedule. Dr. McIntosh and Staff gave great instructions for Post Op Care. We're very pleased with services performed. The Staff explained all options, and we are happy the treatment was affordable and reasonable. El Dorado Animal Hospital provided outstanding treatment and results. Highly Recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Neuter, De-Claw (dew claws), Tail Dock, Microchip, Meds

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/19/2017

12/20/2017

Went well, the 1st visit was a consultation about how sick our Kitty was. Then discussed putting him down at the right time. Dr and Staff was excellent, especially at such a sad time. I don't remember the exact date nor cost. But it was very fair with compared to 4 other vets I considered

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Put my Kitty down .

CATEGORY veterinarian, pet cremation

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2017

09/08/2017

Excellent; all I was expecting and more! This was a first-time visit, and I had a good feeling from the moment I took my first step in the door. In addition to what needed to be done, my puppy even got his nails trimmed, and received his heartworm treatment meds. Vet and staff all showed such love and kindness to my Harley. I think they all fell in love with him. El Dorado Animal Hospital is not y...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Puppy exam and third vaccine series

CATEGORY veterinarian, kennels, pet grooming

COST $87.2

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2017

04/02/2017

Bath times have become much calmer. Our dog loves being there and scratches at the door into the back area if we do not open it quick enough for her.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Last time was on March 16, 2017. Our dog goes in for every 3 weeks medicated oatmeal baths. She is hyper (Australian Cattle dog). The Staff knows just how to handle her and keep her calm. We have had various dogs and cats with El Dorado Animal Hospital over the last 25 years. Not only have they provided the best of care all the time, but they have been very special in helping us when the time came to put our pets to sleep.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/16/2017

12/30/2014

Very good.  Our dog is a little hyper but the staff knows just how to keep her calm and do what they need her to do.  Have been using El Dorado Animal Hospital for years for various pets.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bath, nail trim (with dremel finish on nails), bag dog treats, and Trifexis-Heartworm/Flea Prev for fleas/heart worm/ intenstional worms.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/29/2014

04/09/2014

They have done really well.  Actually I will contact them again very soon.  I very pleased with them.  They check some issues with my dogs and some tests they got and I had them just do the wellness and shots, the latest vaccines and trimmed the nails.  It’s probably been at least a month ago when we saw them.  I can’t remember how much I paid for.  For the first visit it was reasonable.  The seco...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
For veterinary services I used El Dorado Animal Hospital.

CATEGORY veterinarian, kennels

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2014

03/24/2014

He really cares about the animals. He did a complete x-ray for free of my cat when we found pellets inside her neck. He x-rayed her to make sure that she had not been shot with a shot gun and that she did not have pellets all over; but she had been shot with a pellet gun and she had probably been hit by a car. He showed me all the arthritis and gave me a free copy of all of that because he was so ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We go to Dr. McIntosh of El Dorado Animal Hospital. The last time that we went there was for a test and a shot for my dog. They do the test regularly. I have been taking him there for a couple of years now.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/06/2014

12/03/2013

Dr. Mc and staff were like family and helped us through the decision phase and kept in touch with us for a while after our loss.  They took care of having our dog cremated.  We have had Dr. Mc take care of several dogs and a few cats over the last 23 years.  Never have had any problems with his services or any of the staff.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Put our dog to sleep.  He was old with diabetes and spine problems.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2013

10/30/2013

Dr. MacIntosh and his entire office are very caring and professional.  My puppy loves them and I would not trust anyone else with her.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kenneled my puppy while I was out of town

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2013

10/08/2013

Couldn't be happier with El Dorado Animal Hospital and Dr. McIntosh and his staff.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Comprehensive treatment of my dogs shots, pills, grooming, teeth cleaning, bathing for the past 10 years.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2013

•Small Animal Medicine (Dogs and Cats) •Vaccinations •Some Surgeries •In-House Laboratory •In-House X-ray System •Grooming