Banfield The Pet Hospital

Angie's List since August 2009

Additional phone - (210) 209-8906....

El Dorado Animal Hospital

El Dorado Animal Hospital is designed to provide complete medical care for your pet. Our patients are given the benefit of the latest knowledge in veterinary medicine and to this end we will always strive. It will always be our philosophy to treat our patients with the best possible care.

08/03/2017

I have not been very happy with it. I will probably go back to the other one. It's the same company. But they are a lot more professional. On professionalism the Vet gets an "A" but the staff gets a "B." That was not my first time there but I needed a Vet and I have known her for a long time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave my cat a Leukemia, vaccination and a steroid shot for a little rash he got on his ears.

10/28/2014

01/06/2012

The experience was very good. We are always pleased with them. They are punctual, professional and friendly. They seem to care about their jobs. We do a monthly service plan which is about $20 a month. We have been very happy with them. We will absolutely continue using them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used Banfield The Pet Hospital for an annual checkup for preventive care.

01/14/2011

I have a wellness plan with them. They handle my pets very well. They are professional and highly experienced. I also use their grooming services which is very good. I have a Boston Terrier and a Pug. They have groomed both of them many times before. I am satisfied with their services and will use the same in future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used the services of Banfield The Pet Hospital for immunization and grooming, sometime in November, 2010.

CATEGORY veterinarian,pet grooming

08/17/2010

I currently have 7 other animals ( 6 cats and a dog) who are Dr. Vara's patients. One morning, I woke to find one of my 3 year old cats dead in the living room. I called to talk to Dr. Vara and it was her day off. The vet I talked to go ahold of Dr. Vara and she called me right away--on her day off!!. She cares about the owners as well as the pets. One of the services I get from Banfield is a dent...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Before Dr. Vara moved to the De Zavala store, she was a vet at the La Cima store and took such good care of my "children" that I followed her to De Zavala. In 2002, one of my older cats was found to have been in kidney failure. Instead of suggesting that we put her to sleep, Dr. Vara admitted her to the hospital and gave her IV fluids until she got the cat's BUN back down to almost normal. She then sent the cat home and gave me IV fluids and needles to give her subcutaneous fluids. Originally, I had to do it daily and then every other day and finally twice a week. The cat hated it so much that we put her on "kitty hospice" and she died a month or so after my life partner who she was very attached to. During it all, Dr. Vara supported our choices and called my cat her miracle cat because of how long she survived.

Veterinary medical center.