Legacy Drive Animal Hospital

Founded 1988 • Angie's List since June 2007

We are dedicated to improving the condition of pets needing emergency, critical, and preventative care. We seek to promote the well being of pets and the importance of a healthy human-animal bond....

Allen Veterinary Hospital

Allen Veterinary Hospital opened its doors in January, 1986. Dr. Mike Overton founded the hospital in order to meet the small animal needs of Allen, Texas. Dr. Alan Coffman, a 16 year employee of the hospital, purchased the practice upon Dr. Overton's retirement in 2010, in order to continue exceptional service and reputation of Allen Veterinary Hosptial. Since then, it has grown to include three full-time veterinarians, one consultant veterinarian, and a staff of more than 24. We treat all sorts of companion animals with special emphasis in dogs and cats. Three clinic cats roam the premises making sure that everyone feels at home, kept company by three birds, 2 ferrets (Sid and Cameron), and an aquarium full of fish. Allen Veterinary Hospital has been awarded The People's Choice Award for Best Veterinary Practice in Collin County for five years and has been first runner-up twice. Allen Veterinary Hospital most recently won the 2010 Readers Choice Award for Best Veterinarian in Collin County. Dr. Alan Coffman was recognized by The Texas Animal Control Association and recieved the W.R. Bilderback, DVM Award for rendering outstanding service to the animal control profession for the state of Texas.

06/05/2017

I have used them since 1980. I have gone through a lot of dogs with him. She is a little dog, she’s a little Pomeranian, they charged me $20 a night for her. She used a medium sized cage. I never used another vet, so I really don’t know the comparison. I would not go anywhere else. He’s my vet. He is about 15 years younger than I am and I told him, “You cannot retire until I do.” She had a kennel ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
She had a shot, blood work, boarded for 6 days and I had to get her prescription.

CATEGORY veterinarian, kennels

06/05/2017

CATEGORY kennels

05/02/2017

She has a veterinary service where they put them out, for teeth cleaning they have to put them under.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did a teeth cleaning and a general checkup.

CATEGORY veterinarian

05/02/2017

The vet is very patient and knowledgeable. The staff was really good. There was no wait. They just made you feel really comfortable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This visit was for a check up.

CATEGORY veterinarian

11/13/2015

They got me in right away, and were very friendly and knowledgeable.  Dr Gillard was genuinely concerned about my dog and his well being.  He gave me honest answers and his follow up was exceptional.  I wish I had switched to Legacy Drive Animal Hospital a long time ago.  I will definitely go back.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a second opinion on my dogs tumors and how to move forward.

CATEGORY pet grooming

Veterinarians, Hospitalization, Surgery, Boarding, Dental, Declaw, Spay, Neuter, Sani-Shave, Bath, Nail Trims, X-rays

Grooming