D&J Arborist Tree Services

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since March 2004

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

Plano, TX 75074

We want you to experience excellent craftsmanship and true professionalism from our team of experts. Enjoy a 10% discount off you first service, we look forward to hearing from you. At D&J Arborist, Tree Services, our staff consists of both employees and highly qualified sub-contractors that are certified in their field of specialty. On-line payment options are available. We provide free estimates and charge by the hour for consultations....

Tree Service (139)Lawn Fertilization & Treatment (6)Landscaping (3)Excavating (3)Mulch and Topsoil (2)

10/20/2019

this is a wonderful, thoughtful and knowledgeable crew and i am very glad to have found them. my trees are important to me and i feel like they got really TLC from this work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree pruning and treatment

CATEGORY lawn treatment, tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you very much for your comments. We enjoyed working at your property and look forward to the continuous care for your trees. Julie Odum CEO & ISA Certified Arborist

09/30/2019

Even though the Angie's List Deal said Rockwall was serviceable, was told an hour trip in the car would require a $250 "trip charge". An hour drive in Dallas/Fort Worth is common, not a great experience here.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Evaluation of 6 trees for trimming and insect control

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I’m sorry you felt compelled to post a review because you were told we don’t service your area. The most unfortunate part of this is that we do service your area and I’m not sure why you were told that. We are not in Rockwall often but we have 4 to 5 clients that live in Rockwall. If by some miracle you will allow me to come out and look at your trees I will be more than ...

06/04/2019

They did a great job. Trees look great!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree trimming

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2019

Thank you for choosing DJ Arborist to prune your trees. We know you had other companies to choose from and are honored you chose our firm. In response to the B rating on our price, I believe we are fairly priced, and if we had four or five crews maybe we could drop our price per hour, but my experience with this scenario is a higher probability of loosing quality control. Not all climbers care abo...

06/03/2019

I was contacted by the owner the same day I reached out (on a Friday) and an Arborist was at my house on Monday. He told me what was wrong with my tree (and some of the bushes) and how he and his team could save them over multiple visits. I received an estimate by email the next morning. I'm very pleased with my experience with D&J Arborist Tree Services and will continue to use them throughout th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to know why my tree had black spots on the leaves and had lost half of the crown.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/27/2019

We appreciate your positive comments and for sharing them in this format. I personally feel honored when I read comments like yours. Being responsive and accountable are actions that represent our values. Thank you for choosing D&J Arborist to care for your trees and shrubs. Julie Odum, ISA Certified Arborist, CEO

02/21/2019

The work was excellent. Julie really knows and loves trees and her crew is very experienced and knowledgeable. They took the time to do the job right and cleaned up all the debris before leaving. I am having them come back for two more large trees and a large ligustrum hedge.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pruned and shaped three large trees and applied deep root fertilizing on one

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/20/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your words of appreciation. I especially am uplifted and compelled to continue the journey to support the life and health of trees in our communities through the satisfaction from our clients such as yourself. Very best regards and see you soon to finish up, Julie Odum, CEO ISA Certified Arborist TX-4422A

12/17/2018

Very good. Arborist came by to preview and direct the trimmers. We had not had it done for several years, so much work was needed. Done to my satisfaction.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree trimming

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/17/2018

12/07/2018

The process went very well. Owner and workers showed up immediately and the work was very professionally done. And as I stated, I would gladly hire this company again. In addition to the work done, conversations with the owner taught me quite a bit about how to properly care for this tree, and how to avoid unintended damage to its proper functioning.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our live oak tree was growing a bit out of control and needed trimming.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/06/2018

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to have you as a new client and look forward to seeing you in a year or two. We enjoyed working with your family and are glad we met your expectations. Best regards, Julie Odum CEO & President

09/06/2018

Everything from the first phone call to the follow-up call was first class Crew arrived on time, were considerate of our requests, and did an exceptionally fine job. Our yard looks so much better, the concern is over, their friendliness and courtesy cannot be overstated. Total cleanup of course. This is a tree service that cannot be surpassed and they are based in Plano which is important to us.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a major tree limb extending over our house that needed removal before another storm hit

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/03/2018

Thank you for your review. It lifts me up as the owner! We have not reached out total potential and sometimes I'm focused on that and then a client like you and your comments causes me to relax and at least know that what we are doing, we are doing well! Our real reward is your satisfaction! Thank you for choosing to work with us. Julie Odum

08/15/2018

Very knowledgeable arborist consultation and super fast response from initial inquiry to work completion. Detailed estimate was reviewed upfront with explanation for specific line items including those charges processed by the hour. Crew showed up on time and professional and did a walk through after completion. Would be using again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Root flare excavation and vertical mulch on 6 trees.

CATEGORY excavators, mulch, tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for hiring D&J Arborist. We appreciate all opportunities to expand our footprint in the industy. We strive to perform at the highest level and follow best practices. We are passionate about the proper care of trees and passionate about trees in general. They are complex organisms. Thank you for becoming a client and we will wait to hear from you in several month...

06/25/2018

Outstanding. They offered to arrive earlier than scheduled. They explained what was done and thoroughly advised me of an issue with one of my trees. They cleaned up after themselves.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove dead tree and trim live trees

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for appreciating our timeliness. Most importantly is the result met your goals and or exceeded you expectation. See you in a couple of years Julie Odum ISA Certified Arborist TX-4422A CEO & President D&j Arborist Tree Services

We begin the process with a consultation for an estimate or tree diagnosis, walk the property with the home owner, listening carefully to understand the goals of our clients and then proceed to develop a service plan. This may include tree pruning, removals, health treatments, cabling and bracing, custom fertilization and other services. Most importantly, we offer a monthly monitoring program to promote tree health and mitigate tree hazards.

We do not offer lawn maintenance services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express