Modern Pest Control

A129 REVIEWS

Founded 1952 • Angie's List since March 2004

1110 East Ave

Katy, TX 77493

Modern Pest Control was founded in 1952 by Bill and Ruth Brashier with a service philosophy to deliver prompt, personalized pest control utilizing the latest pest control strategies and methods (hence the name Modern). Nearly 60 years later, the Brashier family legacy thrives with a strong commitment to Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies and personal service that only an independently owned company can offer. Our Team Our team of pest management professionals receives rigorous training and is licensed by the Texas Department of Agriculture. Our management staff is also trained by the Food Industry Sanitation Auditors (FISA) and American Institute of Baking (AIB) to solve pest issues in food handling areas. You can rest assured that all of your pest management needs will be exceeded by our highly trained commercial pest management technicians and experts. At Modern Pest Control we employ methods that reduce the traditional impact in your home. This means that instead of using the old-fashioned method of spraying the baseboards and crawl spaces in your home with a liquid pesticide, Modern Pest Control uses advanced bait formulas, insecticide dusts, and thorough inspection techniques to perform the service and safeguard your home. However, we will do spot treatments using residual products should that need arise....

Pest Control (123)Animal Removal (15)Lawn Fertilization & Treatment (1)

02/05/2018

MPC inspected my home, formulated a plan and proposed the solution in a written proposal. I have been using MPC for quarterly pest control for years and had confidence in their capabilities so I gave the go ahead for the project. Racoon enterances sealed and rodents trapped and removed from home. Problem solved and a one year warranty.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Raccoons in the attic. MPC removed and sealed home from rodent incursion.

CATEGORY pest control, animal removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2017

12/27/2017

great. They were quick and efficient at a reasonable price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remove squirrels from attic and prevent them from coming back into attic

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/27/2017

10/01/2017

Very professional. Came out later in the afternoon after work. He performed spraying around the inside perimeter of the house, dusted in the attic. Was educated about how to spot activity as well as what to expect after the first application. Came back for a respray at no cost less than 30 days as activity increased.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a cockroach issues in the house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2017

08/07/2017

very good, on time and work performed as agreed

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
initial pest control treatment,

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2017

D

07/26/2017

I wanted to drop them. I had another pest control provider, and they bought them. They started up-scaling things with cost and extra services. I found their service to be lacking the last few times. I let them go. I fired them. I didn't even want them to come in the house the last time. They had an exterminator show up, an young guy, he came in the house and I got some cats in here, and I asked if...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Nothing. I sent them home. They were suppose to come by on an quarterly basis, to spray the outside and the inside.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2017

I want to apologize for the poor experience and if you would consider giving us a second chance we would like to make it up to you. I will have our office reach out to you.

07/17/2017

Great! And have hired for regular services

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pest Control maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/17/2017

05/22/2017

I have been using these people for 20 years. They are there on time and a very courteous, friendly service tech. I might add that I can only remember having 2 service technicians in 20 years. If I call they will come when requested. I continue to use Modern Pest because they do a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Quarterly Pest control service to include whole house inside and out and detached garage.

COST $73.36

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/07/2017

04/24/2017

We did not even get to use this company. We called them to get a quote on the property that we just bought where there were lots of mice and whatever else poop in the attic and in the house. The guy, Kevin, showed up early (I was not in the house since it wasn't livable yet, we made an appointment), saw the corrugated roof and told us that they can only offer one-time trapping for us. He did not i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
House, attic, and property surrounds inspection for pest and rodent activity; quote and, potentially, long-term service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/24/2017

04/10/2017

Very good and have used them in the past. Purchased a annual contract for pest control of interior and exterior of the home.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pest control for home I purchased.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/10/2017

04/03/2017

We called modern pest control based on their reviews on angies list. The gentleman (kevin) arrived at the scheduled time at our place and by looking from the outside of our home (primarily garage) gave us an estimate of $550 to get the rodent control. Somehow I wasn't too satisfied with what this gentleman looked at and I how he estimated that it would take $550 to get the rodent in control. I cal...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a rodent issue and we could hear critter right above our master bed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2017

Residential and Commercial Pest Control, Termite Control, Animal Control including: Fleas, Cockroaches, Silverfish, Paper Wasps, Earwigs, Weevils, House Crickets, Spiders, Ants, Meal Moths, Rats (Monitoring only), Mice (Monitoring only), Fire Ants, Termites, Birds, Rodents, Mosquitoes