Polo Road Animal Hospital

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since June 2007

Pets for Patriots Discount Offered...

Allen Veterinary Hospital

Allen Veterinary Hospital opened its doors in January, 1986. Dr. Mike Overton founded the hospital in order to meet the small animal needs of Allen, Texas. Dr. Alan Coffman, a 16 year employee of the hospital, purchased the practice upon Dr. Overton's retirement in 2010, in order to continue exceptional service and reputation of Allen Veterinary Hosptial. Since then, it has grown to include three full-time veterinarians, one consultant veterinarian, and a staff of more than 24. We treat all sorts of companion animals with special emphasis in dogs and cats. Three clinic cats roam the premises making sure that everyone feels at home, kept company by three birds, 2 ferrets (Sid and Cameron), and an aquarium full of fish. Allen Veterinary Hospital has been awarded The People's Choice Award for Best Veterinary Practice in Collin County for five years and has been first runner-up twice. Allen Veterinary Hospital most recently won the 2010 Readers Choice Award for Best Veterinarian in Collin County. Dr. Alan Coffman was recognized by The Texas Animal Control Association and recieved the W.R. Bilderback, DVM Award for rendering outstanding service to the animal control profession for the state of Texas.

01/09/2016

I have been using Dr. James for over 10 years now. He is very friendly and fair. Several times Dr. James has recommend I go else where to purchase medications which would be more expensive. He is very professional and gives you a straight answer. He doesn't try and sell you something you don't need. You can be sure Dr. James does a complete analysis.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Annual shots and checkup

08/21/2014

Dr. James has been our veterinarian for quite a few years. (I have been to other clinics before, but I prefer Dr. James and Polo Road Animal Hospital over all of the other places I have tried.) We adopted a rescue dog (Eskie/Pom mix) and his teeth appeared to have never been scrubbed. I took him in initially for his shots and a checkover, then back for a teeth cleaning. Dr. James does an excellent...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clean dog's teeth.

10/30/2012

This is a small 1 vet practice, but they do a great job. Everyone that works there is friendly and seems concerned about your pets well being. Being a small practice, I have noticed that their prices are much lower than the big 24 hour animal hospitals. I have been taking my dogs to Dr. James for over 10 years and I have never been disappointed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Routine dog vaccinations

08/11/2011

This is a small 1 vet practice, but they do a great job. Everyone that works there is friendly and seems concerned about your pets well being. Being a small practice, I have noticed that their prices are much lower than the big 24 hour animal hospitals. We have been taking out dogs to Dr. James for years and he has always been great. I highly recommend Polo Road Animal Hospital.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This visit to Polo Road Animal Hospital was just to get routine shots for our dogs.

06/18/2007

For 14 years, I have been bringing our pets here and the prices have always been competitive with the other local veterinarians. I like that if I bring cash, I get an extra little discount.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I brought our 3 dogs in to have their shots. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the price for the service was but I can say that it was very reasonable.

CATEGORY veterinarian

General Veterinarian Services, Small Animals (Cats & Dogs), Dental, Boarding, Vaccinations, Spays & Neuters

Grooming