Studio City is a custom design/build, and remodel company with an A Plus Rating with over 25 years of experience. We are registered and licensed in the state of Texas. Studio City has successfully completed hundreds of projects, working in tandem with some of the most talented designers and architects in Dallas. With a commitment to better design and quality product, we have served some of Dallass most prominent citizens.It is our goal to provide a product that has a timeless look, is efficient, practical, and beautiful with as little maintenance as possible. Studio City uses first rate engineering, technology and materials to build a lasting, quality project....

home remodeling (26)home remodeling (9)home builder (8)garage building (7)lighting installation (7)woodworking (7)interior painting (6)electrician (6)cabinet making (6)countertop installation (6)window replacement (5)plumber (5)
C

02/04/2020

Unresponsive and slow to respond. Barely responded after weeks and then just stopped responding completely after giving a vague bid. If this is how they do quotes, I don't think I would trust them to do actual work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall and framing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2019

We set a appointment and when I arrived his roommate answered the door and said he didn't think he was home. Then he walked in and said I didn't know we had an appointment! I told him previously it's difficult for me to do small jobs because I run a large crew. He wanted two things done; remove a closet header and raise a closet floor. I gave him a verbal price, he contacted me later and told me h...

11/14/2019

It went superb. Tim and his crew went above and beyond our expectations, even working on things for us that were not in the original contract with very little added cost that we asked him to do. The company's workers and the owner is very meticulous. Very professional and I don't think we could have found a better contractor. Pricing was also very competitive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A remodel and a rebuild of an Indoor Cabana pool side in our Homeowner's Association

CATEGORY ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, fencing, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, structural engineer, house painters, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2019

04/23/2019

We hired Tim to build a 220 sq ft. studio/workshop in our backyard. It was the best decision I could have made. Tim was immediately responsive, excited, and within budget. His experience, design sensibility, and excellent work crews built us the most beautiful studio imaginable. This was our first major project and we were intimidated, but Tim made it easy. He handled all the complicated permittin...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We wanted a studio in our backyard.

CATEGORY garage builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2019

Photo for Studio City Design Build - Dallas area, Duncanville, TX - 37835490

03/30/2019

Excellent service, professional and customer driven. Looking for ways to have them back.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General remodeling

08/17/2018

I was the pro bono architect (licensed in Texas) for this particular client. This contractor from the very beginning went above and beyond a typical rebuild. In my 35 years as an architect mostly in Boston and London, England, I've never had a contractor this good on any of my projects. I would be more than happy to hire and/or recommend this contractor on any of my projects in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete rebuild of home destroyed by fire for a client

CATEGORY custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, house painters, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2018

04/18/2017

It went GREAT and we love Tim Sedgwick of Studio City Design Build. He is transparent and honest. We trust him. He did what he said he would do and when he said he would do it. He gave a reasonable bid and stuck with it. His subs were honest and hard working. We hired Tim on October 15 and I told him I was going to move into the house on December 15 and host Christmas there - so he made all that h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a house remodeled including - taking the wall down between the kitchen and living room, - removing the stairs that were in that wall, - building a wet bar where the wall and stairs were and patching the travertine floors where needed - building new modern floating stairs and landings with stainless steel steel rod rails in the entrance hall and moving an upstairs bathroom over 18" to accommodate the new landings (and changing from a tub to a shower in that bathroom) - adding a round plexiglass pneumatic elevator to the kitchen which takes you to the game room - building a wet bar with fridge into the game room. - shoring up a sagging balcony - putting in a whole house water filter and under sink water filter - changing multiple light fixtures - painting the entire inside of the house Whew!

CATEGORY custom cabinets, contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2017

01/09/2017

They seemed very professional and had a lot of good ideas, but we ended up going with somebody else. I thought they were great. It was just too big of a project for us. I thought they really heard what we were saying and had a lot of good ideas.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave us an estimate for remodeling. They came out and they talked to us.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2017

08/18/2016

It didn't. Before I could even tell the guy on the phone what I need, he told me that he only did "high end" work. Had he stayed on the phone and listened for a few seconds he would have found out that we wanted to strip the house and put in all new "high end" upgrades. His loss, I can't believe the arrogance; Business must be good right now.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a fire in one of my Dallas rental properties. Most of the damage was from smoke. I wanted to have the North Dallas property stripped to the studs and completely remolded.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/18/2016

08/09/2016

Mr. Tim Sedgwick immediatley told me he live in Oak Cliff but does feel we couldn't afford his services. This is similar to the practice know as "REDLINING". This type of treatment has become the norm at Angies list and their providers. I am extremely sadden that people in America still judge people based on an area. I thought "PAYING" for a membership here meant something. I see not. My mom 75 ye...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was looking for someone to remodel my 71 year old mothers backyard in the Oak Cliff.

CATEGORY

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2016

11/30/2015

Studio City was extremely competitively priced, super flexible with design plans, schedules, finishes, and produced a great looking room.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added a fully finished pop-up ~400sqft room above our attached garage, with a new stairway entry into the main house below

CATEGORY remodeling, home builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2015

Custom Homes, Whole House Remodels, Additions & 2nd Stories, Structural Renovations, Studios, Garages, Exterior Transformations, Kitchens, Baths, Floors, Solar Power, Geo-Thermal, & Wind Power, Woodwork, Concrete, Countertops, Remodeling, Flooring, Electrical, Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Fencing, Painting & Windows.

NA