Simmangs Automotive Service Center, Inc.

A 10 Reviews

Founded 1986 • Angie's List since October 2007

195 Toepperwein Rd

Converse, TX 78109

For over 29 years, Simmang's Automotive Service Center, Inc. has remained as Converse, TX's premier full-service automotive repair shop. As a family-owned and operated company, we strive to provide all customers with excellent service for a fair price. Simmang's Automotive Service Center, Inc. is a full-service repair shop that offers a variety of services such as state inspections, computer diagnostics, brake jobs, general maintenance, oil and lubrication services, tire balancing and rotation; as well as engine, transmission, timing belt, shock and strut, starter or alternator repairs and replacements, automotive A/C repairs and recharges, and MORE! At Simmangs Automotive Service Center, all mechanics are ASE certified technicians. Schedule your service appointment today!...

auto repair (10)car inspection (1)

04/07/2020

They are completely honest and do not try to do work that is not needed. Their prices are very fair and they are very good at what they do. I would highly recommend them as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have been going to them for auto repairs and maintenance needs for 10 years.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2020

07/16/2017

We purchased our daughter's first vehicle, so it's a bit older and it was close to 100,000 - we like supporting our local community and Simmang's ratings on Angie's List were great! We took the vehicle there in the morning and received a phone call once they got to it saying the car was in good condition (that alone was very exciting :)) but needed a serpentine belt replaced as well as front & rea...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
100,000 mile check up & door handle installation (rear passenger side)

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2017

11/04/2015

Excellent work. They were able to get the cable free without having to cut the connector. Our family has been going here for over 20 years for all of our vehicles.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A bad battery was replaced along with removal of a corroded battery connector.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/03/2015

08/08/2013

These people went the mile! Put it up on a lifter and took the wheels off to inspect and used calipers on the rotors to be sure it was within regulation. Check the 2007 Town and Country van all over and told me what might happen in the future. Everything they suggested was correct. It is an old school type business. Family owned - they take pride in doing a good job and being around for a long tim...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a pre inspection done on a used van before I purchased it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2012

03/29/2013

Simmang's Automotive Service Center have reasonable prices and they are very honest, if you do not need something done, they will not tell you need it. I get my car back the same day, there was only once when I had to leave my car overnight and that was when they had to change the radiator of the car and even then, they worked late until after hours to try and finish it for me. I have been using t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Simmang's Automotive Service Center for an oil change.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2013

09/08/2011

We take our vehicles to Simmang's on a regular basis. In this particular instance, Mike Simmang worked late in order to get my daughter's vehicle out so she could take it out of town and back to college.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A/C work, cooling fan, oil and filter change.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2011

05/22/2011

Simmang's performed all tasks just fine. I experienced no problems from these repairs. The repairs were performed on a 2006 Toyota Avalon

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oil and filter change, rotate tires, 50K inspection, repaired left windshield washer nozzle

CATEGORY auto repair,car inspections

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/22/2010

07/15/2010

We go to Simmang's regularly. They are courteous, prompt, and always call first before doing any work or if there are any major changes to the work being done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had to replace the starter on wife's 2001 Honda Accord.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2010

07/26/2009

We have been taking 3 different vehicles to Simmang's for about two years now. They are honest, dependable, and very fair with their prices. I can't imagine going anywhere else.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The great folks over at Simmang's took care of a minor mechanical problem with my wife's 2001 Honda Accord.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/21/2009

10/23/2008

Every time I've taken a car into them for basic maintenance and/or an emergency situation, they have always called me with an estimate. They give me an idea what the price will run and the final bill is always lower than the original. There has only been one time that they couldn't do that, and that was because they couldn't get the part.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They maintain my cars. They do everything from basic all the way up.

CATEGORY auto repair

State Inspection, Brakes, CV Axles, Computer Diagnostics, Fuel Injection, A/C Service, Tune-up, Suspension and alignment, Engine Repair, Timing Belts, Shocks and Struts, Alternators and Starters, Exhaust Systems, Oil and lubrication services, Wheel Balancing, Radiator Service, Engine Diagnostics, Tires

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa