Alternative Veterinary Hospital

Founded 1984 • Angie's List since June 2007

B Rated | 4 Reviews

D

03/18/2014

I called the vets office (it is occasionally challenging calling since at times over the years some of the  office assistants have been really really bad and some have been great). The person I spoke to said they would only sell out of the vets office and it was cheaper. I asked how much (it was ten dollars cheaper online with free shipping). The office person said did I get it last year and I sai...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have used Alternative Vets for the past ten years and most recently used them this past summer to have my dogs vaccinated and got heart worm preventative and a check up. I tried to get the heartgard from an online pharmacy (at a cheaper rate) and the online company said my vet wanted me to pick it up and would not my prescription to them.

06/10/2011

The office was clean and comfortable and organized.  The vet assistant took a lot of time asking me questions about my dog and the history.  The assistant trimmed the nails, and the doctor was the one doing the exams and injecting the shots.  the doctor was wonderful.  She showed genuine affection and care for my pet.  She will be my Vet for the rest of my pets in my life!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Routine Checkup, Vaccinations, Heart Worm Tablets.

D

10/30/2008

Each time I brought my cat in for exam, I waited for at least an hour beyond my scheduled time. The 3rd (and final) time, I just left after 30 minutes. The staff offered no explanation as to why. Would have been nice if they had explained, especially if an emergent case had come in just prior - they could have informed me, & offered to reschedule if I wanted. The doctor was slovenly & looked as th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Veterinary "care"/exam, boarding.

06/05/2007

GREAT! I am so happy to have her in our lives. I have used Dr. Trish for many years now and would HIGHLY recommend her. She uses regular veterinary practices but will give you the option to use alternatives such as diet, vitamins, etc. My two senior cats did very well. The staff and she are extremely caring, loving and professional. They board and have an adoption center.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My cat became ill from a serious & common problem for older cats, which is hyper thyroidism. She gave me three options. He did OK for awhile but turned. I called & they put Dr. Trish on the phone so I could describe his symptoms. She said bring him in tomorrow as his symptoms indicate he is going downhill. She described everything that would happen and asked if she could possibly keep him an extra day. After the operation they called to tell me he was doing. They later called to say he was doing so well I could get him that afternoon and save money on overnight. The cost was more than reasonable compared to other vets as I had time to check. He is doing great now.

CATEGORY veterinarian

Dogs, Cats, Ferrets & Rats, Physical Examination, Veterinary Radiology, Surgical Faculties, On-Site Laboratory, Surgical Monitoring, Veterinary Dentistry, Flower Essence Therapy, Nutritional Counseling, Animal Boarding, Pet Grooming.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check