McGovern Allergy & Asthma Clin

Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 8 Reviews

McGovern Allergy and Asthma Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic and immunologic diseases in adults and children. Treating the whole person, not just the disease, is a vital part of McGovern Allergy and Allergy Clinics approach. This philosophy of practicing medicine was adopted by, John P. McGovern, M.D., the founder of McGovern Allergy and Asthma Clinic, from British physician and philosopher Sir William Oslers observation that the practice of medicine is an art, not a trade a calling, not a business; a calling in which your heart will be exercised equally with your head. Our comprehensive approach focuses on more than just symptoms, with doctors teaching patients how to prevent or manage their allergic reactions in order to live a full, active lifestyle. We outline avoidance measures and develop a long-term treatment program for each patient, a more effective approach than simply responding to one emergency after another. This people-oriented approach extends to our entire staff....

C

07/16/2014

The doctor visit, a breathing test, and drawing blood ended up taking three hours and 45 minutes; the majority of that time was spent waiting. The front desk staff never acknowledge me when I signed in. Eventually they gave me a large amount of paper work to fill out - half of it was information they already had (policy numbers, patient numbers, etc.) I then had to wait over 1/2 an hour before I s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Initial appointment to see an allergy specialist.

03/26/2012

They are professional and they don't try to sell me anything I don't need. I have been going to them for about 30 years.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I go to McGovern Allergy and Immunology and I was in last to be tested for allergies.

03/07/2012

They have saved my life. I've always received excellent care and seen great improvement since I've been in their care. They are associated with Baylor College of Medicine so they are up to date on the newest research and the patients get the advantage of that. They are just excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have been going to McGovern Allergy & Asthma Clinic since I moved from Indianapolis to Houston.

03/01/2012

They are one of the best allergy clinics nationally and internationally. I used them as a child and got well; later on I have developed new allergies so I am being treated again. I will use them again in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used McGovern Allergy & Asthma Clinic to treat my allergies.

10/04/2010

We can always call and there is always somebody if we may need a prescription or whatever. They are also very helpful. There are several of them in there and they are very good. They were training residents there and we think that is a good thing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We use McGovern Allergy & Asthma Clinic for allergy and immunology. The most recent visit was in January of this year for check-ups.

Allergy/Immunology