Sweetwater Home Services

A45 REVIEWS

Founded 1987 • Angie's List since February 2012

10139 Metropolitan Dr

Austin, TX 78758

At Sweetwater Home Services, our bathroom remodels are spectacular and affordable. We dont remodel kitchens, we dont install sunrooms, but we can sure make your bath POP! Our goal is to accommodate your needs, make your bath a safer environment, and provide a beautiful oasis in which to start your day....

Water Filtration and Softening (42)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (3)Plumbing (2)Water Heaters (2)

09/19/2018

I selected to use Sweetwater because they were the most accommodating. They were very good about keeping everything within my budget and got everything done in the right time frame. I am very pleased with them and am actually going to be having them do another job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replaced tub with walk in

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2018

09/19/2018

The job took a bit longer than i thought it would, but i am very pleased with the outcome. They are are great company to work with and they are always on time and very professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
bathroom reno

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/11/2018

09/13/2018

They found some termite damage and fixed that up. They were excellent workers, very professional. They got the job done in a timely manner and the bathroom turned out great. Very pleased with this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom Remodel

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/10/2018

11/18/2017

A very polite representative showed up on time for the appointment. We went to the kitchen where my husband was having his first coffee of the day. The company representative proceeded with the sales pitch that included a power point presentation on an iPad and an explanation of the filtration system and I started asking him technical questions (e.g.: How often do you have to change the filters? H...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Please read this keeping in mind that we are in year 2017: I took one of those "free" water tests that they give you in Home Depot to test the water quality at home. Results came back indicating that the water was moderately hard (6). I knew this was going to be the case since we live in Central Texas. Then I received a call from Sweetwater Home Services to schedule an appointment to run "further test" and I agreed since we have been talking about getting a water filtration system for a while. The representative asked me if my husband was going to be home during the visit (take note that I am a woman -> very important point apparently) and I said yes since it was going to be on a Saturday. Read next chapter on the "How did it go?" section to see what happened.....amazing!

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/18/2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. Currently, our company conducts water testing for approximately 600 families per month. We do this free of charge and generally provide a $20 gift card just to say thanks for both parties taking the time to see the analysis. Our experience has taught us that in 90% of the cases where both parties are not present, we will be making a return trip ...

09/28/2016

Not well at all. I listened to the whole pitch in as fast a time as possible. I told Eddie I would consider the product. He was insistent that my husband also needed to hear the pitch, so I scheduled for him to come back the next day when we would both be at home. In my fatigue, I forgot to remind him about the gift card before he left. After talking to my husband, he reminded me that the same com...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I responded to one of several advertisements sent: $25 WalMart gift card, $20 Home Depot gift card, etc. Nowhere on the cards was there any information saying it was for a water filtration company. When I called (the cards had different phone numbers on them) and learned they were all from the same company, I still noted that I was calling about the gift card. I was told someone would have to come to my home and do a brief water analysis to make sure my water was fine. When Eddie (one of the owners I learned) arrived, it was not a short water test. I had to speed him along on a few occasions as to why he was there and what he was doing. As it turned out, it was all a sales pitch about a nearly $8000 whole-house water filtration system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/28/2016

After investigating this with our management team, and looking up the phone numbers you listed, we confirmed via the internet, the phone number and the name "Eddie", are with a different company listed as Smartwater Systems of Texas, Eddie Alaniz is the owner. Please reconsider the review you posted incorrectly under our name. Best luck to you, Sweetwater Home Services

04/22/2015

The cost depends on whether they are working on the big one in the garage or the one under the kitchen sink.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
For water softeners, we use Sweetwater Home Services. They come out and check every year.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/11/2015

04/16/2015

Jeff the Sweetwater salesman was excellent. He tested my water and shared the results with me. He described the systems and answered all my quesitons completely. I am very happy with the product and the installation. This is the best home water system on the market. It sells itself. Benefits include health, longer appliance life, and improvement in your home's water distribution system. The soft w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installer put in the equipment. They did an excellent job. I could not be happier with their work.

CATEGORY plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/11/2015

01/19/2015

I gave a D for professionalism because I was promised a $20 home depot card for the visit.  I was promised that it would be sent in the mail and received in the next week.  It has been more than 3 weeks.  I will change the rating if I ever receive it.  I will give a description of the visit just so the reader knows about the sales tactics.  Go to the last paragraph for my summary.  The salesman ca...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The provider tested the hardness of my water and gave an estimate for a whole house water system (softener, carbon filter, Reverse Osmosis).  I did not purchase anything.

CATEGORY plumbing, water softeners

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/26/2014

09/09/2014

It was a great experience.  They are expensive for the yearly maintenance, it is a little pricey.  However I will recommend them because it seems that they will be around for awhile so I wouldn't worry that they won't be in our vision soon.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used Sweetwater Home Services.  Every year we have them come out to service our filters.  They do maintenance on our main duct.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2013

09/09/2014

I like them. I have one of their machines and they come and work on it every year for maintenance and they are very good. When we moved to our new house, they moved it for us. My experience with them was very good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They changed the filters for the water softener.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/12/2014

Water Treatment, Air Purification & Premium Bathroom Remodeling.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check