Morningstar Landscaping & Construction Inc.

A 280 Reviews

Angie's List since November 2008

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

Austin, TX 78739

**Skype consultations available!! Call for details on discounts and packages!!** Gardens come in many shapes and sizes. Morningstar Landscaping, Inc. designs range from simple concepts to sophisticated arrangements. Your personality and preferences determine what blend of these elements are used and to what extent. A true signature garden should not look designed and built, but rather natural and complementary to the residence. Our landscape compositions enhance and blend with their natural environment. We are committed to professionalism, originality and quality control from start to finish. This ensures the quality of each complete garden and installation. Every garden begins with a personal consultation where we learn about you, your plant preferences and the style and spirit you want your signature garden to express. Your personalized design is based on this strong foundation. We believe gardens are not designed to mature overnight. We design for the long-term gardens. Our gardens gain splendor year after year, and delight through the seasons. Meet Jodi: Jodi is a Certified Horticulture Therapist, Landscape Professional, and Landscape Construction Project Manager, designing and implementing landscape projects in the Austin area for over 15 years. Jodi strives to create beautiful landscapes that enhance the environment and welcome nature in our lives. considering the extreme dynamics of Texas weather she utilizes many native and adaptable species....

landscaping (251)hardscaping (180)stone and gravel (123)masonry (117)deck building (80)irrigation system (65)mulch delivering (60)lawn care (43)landscape lighting (42)house painting (37)

06/06/2020

It went very smoothly. I felt so fortunate. My next door neighbor had landscaping done. I reached out to my neighbor & got Jodi’s contact information at Morning Star Landscaping. I was able to benefit from the landscaping being “in progress” and was able to receive a reduced price to have the TX Star rock & stepping stones extended on the curbside to my driveway.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed unwanted grass in the strip by the street and replaced it with a pretty gravel and stepping stones.

CATEGORY concrete repair,landscaper,masonry,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2020

Thank you so much and it was our pleasure to help out and benefit you too! Wish you much happiness and have a great Summer. J.

06/06/2020

Jodi is great to work with. Her crew is careful and always does a good job. They are very responsive if you see something new that you would like them to do. If you want a job well done then go with Jodi and Morningstar.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Top dressed all the plant and landscape beds.

CATEGORY hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2020

Thank you So very much for having us return to assist on your projects. Y’all are the nicest people, and we all wish you the safest and happiest of seasons to come. Very much appreciated. J.

05/21/2020

Everything was great and turned out beautiful! We Have already received so many compliments from neighbors, and from friends/family that have seen pictures. They definitely did a great job and I would highly recommend them to anyone needing a patio or walkway created! We look forward to creating memories on our new patio with our growing family!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Created and constructed a new flagstone patio for us to enjoy. Stuccoed our foundation so it adds a nice color. Installed a french drain on the side and created a stone pathway with gravel in between.

CATEGORY handyman service,landscaper,masonry,remodeling,drain pipe,house painters,sunrooms,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/25/2020

Photo for Morningstar Landscaping & Construction Inc. - unknown, Austin, TX - 38595958

Thank y’all so very, very much. It was our pleasure to work for you and play with your cute as can be dog! I’m happy with how everything turned out as well, and stay in touch for any future projects or questions. We all wish you the best and happiest seasons to come. :) Jodi

05/02/2020

This is my second time working with Morning Star Landscaping, and once again I couldn’t happier with the work done! Jodi is the greatest, and won’t rest until the work is done right. She is extremely knowledgeable and a joy to work with. Her crews are thorough, careful, and highly skilled. Couldn’t recommend Morning Star more highly!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install a french drain on the side of home, a driveway grate/drain, create hardscaping stone borders, plant trees and plants, adjust irrigation, create a stone pathway, and mulch. Was a bad drainage issue that we needed fixed.

CATEGORY concrete driveway,landscaper,masonry,mulch,remodeling,pavers, gravel,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2020

04/25/2020

Morningstar’s work is very professional. Jodi, the owner, stayed in constant touch with us to understand the scope of the work and get it completed in an excellent fashion. Definitely recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of outdoor lights, replacing a few existing outlets, running new wire to a work area, replacing a couple fixtures, a new breaker, and installing 2 ceiling fans.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service,landscaper,lighting,remodeling,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/26/2020

Thank you so much for the review. It was our pleasure to assist y’all with your project needs, and you have a beautiful home and property. Keep up the good gardening, and if you need anything else, feel free to reach us again! :) Jodi

04/18/2020

Our yard was in need of a complete overhaul after our irrigation system failed. We were concerned that we would have to split the work between multiple contractors, however Jodi and her team were able to take care of everything. The crew was hard working, courteous and professional. Communication was very good throughout the entire process and we never had to wait for a response. Jodi personally o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete make-over of the property including removing an old deck and creating a new patio, till and lay sod, gravel, remove unwanted plants, plant new plants, light tree work, and irrigation services. New outdoor lighting, outlet, powerwashing, and sealant for the new stone patio.

CATEGORY concrete repair,decks,electrician,handyman service,landscaper,lighting,masonry,mulch,remodeling,pavers, gravel,deck cleaning,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2020

Thank you so so much for choosing and trusting us with your project! I love doing complete make-overs and awesome transformations. We can not be more grateful to customers like you, especially during this time of crisis. My crew are wonderful ppl and my goal is to keep them focused, positive, and safe. They were so thankful for this project and we all wish y’all only the happiest and safest of sea...

04/14/2020

In a word- great! OK, so the last couple of grass guys over the recent years suggested all manner of thoughts: "you need our super-cool fertilizing", "too little water", "too much water", "you'll never grow grass there". Some folks don't even bother to return emails/texts/phone calls. Then I came upon Jodi at Morningstar. She came over, surveyed the grass, ok, desert, and talked with me about the ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove unwanted grass and weeds, till the areas of the property and prep. Lay new sod, adjust irrigation.

CATEGORY landscaper,lawn service,mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2020

I can’t tell you how much I love and appreciate this review! Made my season. Thk I so very much for trusting us with your project, especially during such a sensitive time in this country. Was our pleasure to work on your property and we wish you a wonderful and safe year. Keep in touch if you have any plant or lawn questions, and again-thank you. Jodi

03/27/2020

Was a pleasant experience after buying a new home, which can be stressful. Very happy with the quality of work, communication, and excellent work. The patio is exactly what I was wanting, and the lights add a great touch. Happy to recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Update landscaping in a new home purchase. Add 2 outdoor ceiling fans, remove old deck and build new stone patio. Power wash and plant trees, mulch, and lighting.

CATEGORY decks,landscaper,irrigation systems,lighting,masonry,mulch,remodeling,pavers, gravel,tree service,pressure washing,drain pipe,ceiling fans,hardscaping,aromatherapy,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/27/2020

Thk u so very much, we were very happy to assist and wish you the best! J.

03/04/2020

I am so very pleased with the final outcome. I had difficulty deciding exactly what stone I wanted, but Jodi was so patient. When not at the job site, Jodi kept in constant contact with her crew. Anytime I had a question/concern, she addressed it immediately. I will most certainly use Jodi for future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed an old wood deck and replaced with a new stone patio, pathway, sod, and tree. Adjusted irrigation too. Also installed a french drain.

CATEGORY concrete repair,decks,landscaper,lawn service,mulch,remodeling,pavers, gravel,deck cleaning,pressure washing,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/09/2020

Thank you so much, we really enjoyed working for you, and Ziggy the dog :) What great timing for your plants with all this rain too! Everything looks beautiful. Love the stone, and you’ll love that Purple Plum tree. Stay in touch with any questions or concerns, and look forward to working for you again in the future. Y’all have a great Season. Jodi

02/16/2020

The work went very smoothly. Jodi and her team were both responsive and professional. I was impressed by how hard and fast they worked in removing and hauling away all that river rock and weed cloth - it was grueling work but they pulled it off efficiently and with good spirit. This was the second time I used Jodi and her team and will continue to do so should the need arise.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced large hardscape with mulch. Also replaced a smaller hardscape area with Zoysia sod.. The work involved removing a large quantity of small river rock stones and pulling up the weed cloth beneath it. Irrigation system was expanded to accommodate the additional Zoysia sod.

CATEGORY landscaper,irrigation systems,mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/11/2020

Photo for Morningstar Landscaping & Construction Inc. - unknown, Austin, TX - 38390632

Always so nice to work with you and thank you for bringing us back! Wish you only the best, and keep in touch if you need anything on your plants and lawn. Much appreciated. Jodi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa